“Horrible Customer Service!!!”

Ranked #101 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Horrible Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My arrived to the hotel around 4:00am to check in, He got the keys for his room, when he opened the door he found the room dirty. The beds were slept in, trash all over the room...he went back down stairs. He told the front desk clerk and they said the room is clean...he had to argue that it wasn't! The clerk never said they were sorry for the dirty room. Figures!! He went to the second room and found some problems. There was a spider crawling in the sink so he turned on the water to flush it down, well I guess if the water would have came out faster than a stream then he could have! He went to take a shower, when he turned the water on it came out like coke brown!!! It was pretty nasty! This wasnt just one time, everytime the water was turned on this happened! The staff also said they were going to bring up keys since the room keys were not working to begin with. Well, no key was ever brought! I, his WIFE..and a choice employee of a Sleep Inn not too far away called this morning to get the receipt emailed to me, because they did not give him one at all. I spoke to Patrick, he took down my email address and said I should get that in a few minutes. I never did so I called him back. He said that I could not have it and he emailed it to another email. Not what I asked! I told him who I was and where I worked, he didnt care! So, I had to call CHOICE to get it! Thank you for making the stay even more difficult Patrick!!! I will be in touch with CHOICE hotels, the stay was horrible! Oh yeah, he is a Choice Privileges member and was told that he could have a 12pm check out because he checked in so late! Wow thanks, he is allowed to stay until 2pm but wasnt given that option here. They even called his room at 11am for him to check out! Also, he is in the US MARINE CORPS, and asked for a military discount, they said they didnt have one. Yes, they do! Im glad hes fighting for their freedom, and cant even get a discount! Thanks! The customer service here is horrible, save your money and stay at another property!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank forgetmenott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2010

No frills...absolutely no frills....no hidden gem here

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
south carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed at this motel because I needed somewhere for one night, close to uptown, and inexpensive. It was average but I was hoping for a little more. I have noticed in the past few years that some of the sleep inns I've stayed at in the Charlotte area could use some updating. This one definitely fell in that category. There was no fitness center and the pool was extremely small (indoor). The computer was absolutely archaic and didn't work. They claimed it had been knocked out by a recent storm but it looked like it hadn't been used in quite some months and maybe even a year. There was no info in the room pertaining to TV stations or any area info that would be helpful to visitors unfamiliar with Charlotte. The breakfast was meager but what was there was fresh. The pocket door to the bathroom did not close all the way but since I was traveling alone I did not request any maintenance or to be moved. TV stations were somewhat limited for a motel offering cable. As for points in their favor the room and linens were clean and neat and the staff was polite but not overly helpful or friendly unless they were pushed for assistance. Really needs updating though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed here with my cousin for CIAA weekend because most hotels were booked and it was reasonably priced. The rooms are small and the bathroom is even smaller. The room doesn't haven't much privacy if there are multiple people staying there. The bathroom has a sliding door and it only has a toilet and a shower, there is no bathtub. The sink is in the room right outside the bathroom which was a inconvience. Another issue was every day we stayed there we had to get our room keys reactivated because they kept being deactivated for some reason which the staff couldn't provide us with. That was one of the biggest inconveniences because everytime you try to get back in your room the key wouldn't work. The continental breakfast could be better and the breakfast area is very small. One of the amenities is free internet but the computer seemed to always be not working when we stayed there. Also we had to constantly request room service to come clean our room due to the fact we were not out early in the am when the cleaning staff worked which is between 8-10am and we used the do not disturb sign and had to ask several times for clean towels, cups, etc. The pros of this hotel is it has easy access to the highway and its located near several restaurants and gas stations and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank TLCNewYork
Chicago
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last month and would definitely stay here again. For the price, it was worth it. The rooms were clean and the service was good. Easily assessible to the highway.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Blacksburg
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I stayed here with my toddler for one night. We were given a handicapped room, even though we did not request it. The bathroom was spacious and had the toilet, tub, and sink all in one place. The bed was comfortable, and bedding was clean. Breakfast is simple: bread, muffins, make-your-own oatmeal and grits packets, juice, coffee. There is a Jack-in-the-Box and Waffle House in adjacent parking lots. Room was fairly quiet. We could hear people passing by in the hall but could barely make out a screaming kid in the room next door, who managed to keep it up for an hour. Very good value for $45/night. No complaints for this price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank linseym
Palm City, FL
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This place is off I-77 at the Sunset Rd/exit 16 just north of I-85. Days in wanted $49 and looked scummy, even lobby smelled. Both Microtel and Sleep Inn are located behind Jack in Box and Waffle House. Microtel was $54 or $49 w/AAA or $47 w/coupon from green coupon book at rightside entrance into Denny's across the street(Sunset). (Make sure you get the North Carolina book, not the South Carolina one!) Sleep Inn was $59 walk-in, and $54 w/coupon, had indoor cooridors, indoor pool, and the lobby and rooms are nice and new. Sink was outside toilet/shower door which bothered wife when shaving, but ok with me personally. Coffee maker and small fridge in room, free wireless internet with multiple online connections hotspots, free breakfast was typical continental: coffee or decaf or tea, milk, juice, pastries, Frosted flakes, Raisan Bran, oatmeal, grits, hard boiled eggs, apples, oranges (front desk gentleman (about 54 years old) even got me 2 bananas when I mentioned how my wife has one with coffee every morning - and did it without me asking!). Rooms were clean, modern, granite sink area, clean comfortable beds and pillows, good AC. Microtel looked nice too, but pool as outside and cold, hallways outside, helpful staff though. Haven't seen pool yet, no time, but heard others using it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family