“helpless and hopeful...”

Sleep Inn Northlake
Ranked #102 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Recently there was an unfortunate chain of events that took place in my life and i found myself here at the Sleep Inn Northlake. without going in to detail the staff (Kelly & Susan) was very helpful in my time of need 2 staff members in particular was Nic the night reservation manager and Ms. Loretta the cleaning specialist. These 2 in particular made things very easy to deal with the things i was going through and i want to say thank you will recommend this hotel for future upcoming events with my family!!! thanks chocolate mocha ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Ms. Mochagrl711 ,

Greetings again! I enjoyed reading your review about Sleep Inn Northlake and thank you for doing so. I also thank you for your recent stay with us

I appreciate you complimenting ourFront Desk staff, and one of our housekeepers. What seperates us from other hotels in the area, truly is our staff. I am very appreciative of what they do, and how they represent our hotel

Sleep Inn Northlake

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for two nights; hotel staff exhibited excellent customer service skills; the room seemed a bit small, but was comfortable; we enjoyed a very nice hot breakfast; hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the interstate highway and within a short distance of several shopping centers, numerous eating establishments, and attractions such as the Billy Graham Library.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Donna S,

Greetings again! Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for your stay with us. I truly love our "queen" city of Charlotte. We have the best sports venues, excellent amusement parks, best museums, and I love Billy Graham library. Nice to see another traveler recomending this place. So much to see, and learn from him at his library off Billy Graham parkway!

I am also glad you enjoyed our hotel. I truly think we have best value, with a complimentary hot breakfast, you cant go wrong!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nilay who works in front desk is a great person and has great customer serivice. House cleaning is the best to when you leave your room and come back it was like you wasnt even there. The manager chris is a great manager of the hotel and hope he stays with this company and location. I will def come back and stay here when I come to visit again. Thank you so much for treating me like family while I was away from home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Spencer H,

Hello again. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel for a week. Thank you for your kind comments about Nilay and myself. I am fortunate to be surrounded by great staff, and also, a great hotel in an excellent location.

Look forward to when you visit again, and thank you for your stay with us!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights while attending a convention. The motel was convenient because a bus ran directly downtown from in front of the motel. (Entrance to I-85 was also close.)
The room was very nice, with a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a fast internet connection. The motel was far enough off the street that we did not hear the traffic noise from the busy intersection nearby.
Also liked that there were healthy choices offered at breakfast, such as yogurt, fresh fruit, and low fat milk, as well as bagels and waffles.

Room Tip: Being on the 5th floor probably made the room quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel is very nice, clean and updated. The breakfast was decent, and even included bacon. The room was large and comfortable. My only complaint was a strong odor in the room, maybe like febreeze used to hide the odor of someone who had smoked in the room? They did have a sign on the bed saying that they would make things right if one was not satisfied, so I give them a lot of credit for that. I would hesitate before staying here again, definitely check to be sure the room didn't have an odor.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Steven,

Thank you for your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. Im glad you found hotel to be nice and clean
I do apologize for the odor you experienced. We only used nationally recognized companies such as Ecolab to eliminate odors, and for sanitaition purposes. At times, despite our greatest efforts, certain odors can prolong longer then we desire, and apologize for what you experienced

Reviewed October 2, 2012

In looking at other reviews of this hotel, I debated staying here. And my review is a bit mixed as well. Upon arrival, staff was pleasant, and I was checked in and asked for 8:30 wake-up so I could have breakfast at the hotel before going on my way. The room was neat and clean, and nothing fancy, but I slept well, so it was a good bed. There was a small indoor pool, which I took advantage of in the morning. The 'deep' end was 4' and overall, very small pool, but it was heated which felt great. It was most clean in appearance, however, I was surprised to find several dead bugs in it since it was indoors. I never received the wake-up call, so I overslept and did not get breakfast, which caused me to have to buy breakfast that I was not expecting to do. If I had a specific timed meeting that would have been trouble. Staff didn't seem overly bothered by the mistake. Disappointing in that regard. If I was in the area, I would consider staying here again, but I would also consider other options depending on the exact circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Murdoch,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am quite impressed with your tripadvisor profile! Your quite a traveler, and I enjoyed reading your other reviews of other hotels and attractions! I appreciate the feedback you left on our hotel. While its not the feedback I hope for, it does give us some valuable insight, so we can improve ourselves.
I have addressed your concerns to the appropriate departments and again, I am sorry for the blunders you had during your stay, and thank you again for staying with us and leaving us feedback on your site.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel is totally smoke free, a bonus for us. We stayed here both before and after a trip to Ohio. Rooms were fine both times; beds comfortable, spotlessly clean. I liked that air conditioner fan ran steadily rather than coming on and off which interrups sleep for me. Two reasons motel does not get better rating from me: sliding door between commode and shower is not functional -- if you want/need privacy you won't have it; breakfast the first stay was o.k. not great -- yogurt and fresh fruit saved it for me. eggs were inedible. Second stay breakfast was not good. No fruit, no yogurt until after 7 a.m. we were told. By then we had to be on our way. Maybe they will improve on the breakfast -- check later reviews

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

35 reviews!
Excellent traveler I see, and thank you for visiting us 2 times! I both enjoyed reading your review of my hotel, and also was saddened concerning some of our brands flaws you expressed in your review. Sleep Inn concept, is very unique, and like no other brand. We keep our costs, and rates low, to pass on to our travelers like yourself. The sliding bath door is certanly unique, and to some travelers is something that is not one of their favorite of our brand.

I was also saddened to read about your disappointment with our breakfast. I have shown your review to the breakfast staff, and I know we can do better then this. I apologize for not having out a quality breakfast during the time you experienced it

Thanks again for your stay with us