“I travel for business often and i am not a tourist. I was...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Executive Park
Ranked #66 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with my man for 3 nights. The beds were soooo confortable. We love it there. Nice kitchen area. Actually im very picky if it comes to hotels but wow i was suprised to the fullest. (Hot) Breakfast is included as well. Cant wait to stay there again :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayboro
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here last year without any major problems.......this year, it was different! I made my purchase through Priceline and I decided later to upgrade a room to a suite. I asked the young gentleman at Hawthorn's if he could send me confirmation of the upgrade, he told me he couldn't but not to fret, he put everything on file and when I arrived, I just needed to pay an extra fee for the upgrade! I asked twice, because I always like having confirmation in my hand as proof! We really needed the suite, we were on a business trip and PRIVACY was a big concern. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk stated that there was nothing she could do but the upgrade had to be made through Priceline and she was sorry their staff had given me the wrong info. She really didn't seem to show concern over the situation. We were sorry too, the NON suite really put us into a bad situation! I contacted the main office and I am patiently waiting for their return call!!! Unless this is made right, I will not be back to Hawthorn. The hotel is nice and clean, new upgrades; the breakfast is not too tasty, but it will do in a pinch! This hotel is located wayyyyyy down a road that seems to never end!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kent
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were given a room that someone else was in and there was dirty laundry in the hallways (about 7 rooms had this).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

North Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night before a early flight at the CLT airport, and booked through Priceline. I stayed here based on proximity to the airport (it's about 10 minutes south) and price.

The property is a little tough to find, on a side road adjacent to 77 in a row of hotels - all of which have small directional signs at the beginning of the street - except this one. It's at the very end of the road in a cul de sac. The parking lot is small, quiet, and fairly well lit.

The outdoor appearance and lobby area are a bit dated and unimpressive. The rooms, however, are recently remodeled and nicer than I anticipated. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The TV, AC and wifi (free) all worked well. There was no hallway noise.

Overall, the hotel was decent and I had no negative experiences. I would consider staying here again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo