Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University
  • Pool
$142
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
$139
$109
$89
$85
All reviewscandle woodexcellent seafood restaurantgrocery stores and restaurantsfood pantryextended stay propertyfree laundrykitchen appliancesburner stovefull size refrigeratorwasher dryergreat wifiallow petscooking utensilslove stayingharris blvda pet friendly hotelfuture travels
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This wasn't our first stop at this Candlewood Suites, but when we arrived for our stay we were thoroughly impressed with the renovations. It was a great property before, but the new details make it even better. Our crew travels quite a bit on the road and they love to be able to have their own kitchen to cook a "home cooked" meal instead of eating out. And the best is that the customer service is always above and beyond. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Sara G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your review Rachel! I am so pleased that you guys were happy returning to stay at Candlewood! I look forward to speaking with you towards the end of the year to discuss 2014! We appreciate all of you!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our check in was early but manager on duty was kind enough to locate a room that was ready. Upon checkout Ms. Sheryl Q was very cordial and courteous. She was also able to answer some questions we had regarding local area businesses. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello and thank you so much for taking time to write this review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here! Sheryl is one of our best employees and I will certainly let her know of your comments.

If you ever return back to Charlotte, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The room was very nice and modern. I was surprised to see a small stove, a refrigerator, dishes, pans, etc. The bed was very comfortable. I hardly heard any noise in the hallway. The only reason I gave a 4 rating for service is because I had to wait over five minutes for someone to show up at the front desk after dialing "0" for a staff and no answer. Other than that, I was a "happy camper", now I know where to have my family to stay when they come in town!
Thanks for everything!

Francine M.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your review! We take all feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking time to fill this out.

I am so happy to hear how pleased you were with the hotel! We would love to have you back for future visits!

Regarding the wait time, I apologize you did have to wait so long. There is a Manager on Duty 24/7 at the hotel and a lot of times they are doing 3rd shift duties such as laundry or taking out the garbage. Regardless, you should not have had to wait, and I will discuss this matter with third shift.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

From my original telephone conversation with the sales manager, Ms. Sara Gomez, to my meeting with her, my two extended stays at the Candlewoods Suites exceeded my expectations. The staff was great and responsive, the recently upgraded rooms were clean and spacious, and the location of this particular property, was ideal for anyone working or visiting the many attractions in uptown Charlotte. As an added huge plus, this hotel has a business arrangement with the nearby "Lifetime" fitness club, where guests can workout in an upscale health club, for FREE! I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone working or visiting this area of Charlotte, NC.

Dennis D. Bossian, Esq.

Room Tip: I had rooms on both the third and first floors. The third floor was very quiet, however, I enjoyed the proximity to the free laundry room, two doors down from my first floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sara G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hello Dennis!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed both stays with us. If you ever come back to Charlotte, you know who to call!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nestled away in its own lil corner of the world this home away from home will make even the Crankiest Traveler feel at home..Equipped with all the Ammenities that a traveler needs...Spacious,well lit safe parking lot.,Courteous staff..I must say the staff are a little slow(very slow) at the desk..but if thats my biggest complaint..I have No complaints

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank No Hate H

Hello and thank you very much for your thorough review. We take any and all feedback very seriously.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I did notice you rated us a 4 on several areas. I was wondering if there is anything we could have done better as customer service and guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

We would love to have you back so please let me know when you are ready to book your next reservation.