This was my first time staying at a hotel for a week in Charlotte for a job. I am from Raleigh and do to the unemployment situation, I was forced to come to Charlotte work. On my first day, my car was broken into while it was parked downtown.I didn't find out until after work, so by the time I arrived at the hotel, it was very late and I was very tired and upset. But because Lauren, the night clerk was working, I felt like I had someone who cared about me and I wasn't as upset as I could have been after such a bad experience like having your personal things stolen. Not only did she listen to what I had to say but she also immediately volunteered to help me get my things from the car, and took them up to my room for me. I am very grateful that she was working that night. The next night Joe was working and he was just as awesome as Lauren. Kind and friendly. Since that time, over a month has passed and this is the only hotel I will stay in. The rooms are very clean and the sheets and towels are comparable to 4 star hotels. The staff are 5 star all the way....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Charlotte-University Hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed leather recliner while you enjoy the CD/DVD/VCR player. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work out in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenient store. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We offer complimentary washers and dryers in our on-site laundry facilities. Earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay. Pets Are Welcome with a fee of $50 for the first night, $10 for each additional night, not to exceed $150 per month. Current shot documentation is required. A pet policy must be signed at check in. Housekeeping is provided every 7 days. The Front Desk is open from 7am-11pm with staff available 24 hours a day. The Candlewood Suites is located just 3 miles from I-85 in a quiet area. We are conveniently close to UNCC, The Charlotte Motor Speedway, Research Park, Wells Fargo CIC, Concord Mills Mall, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, The NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bobcats Arena, and the Bank of America Panthers Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University Hotel Charlotte
- Candlewood Charlotte
- Charlotte Candlewood Suites