“Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Majorca, Spain
“Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel and everytime I have I received the best customer service I could ask for. Joe at the front desk is what you would want to see when you first come in the door tired and all you want is to go to bed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
saramcmill, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for your response!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate any and all feedback and take it very seriously. Customer Service is our top priority at this hotel and I am happy to hear we are excelling! We would love to have you stay with us in the future! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

sara.gomez@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ventura, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

It isn't necessarily posh, but who needs that anyway? I was recently in Charlotte on business and found Candlewood Suites to be a friendly and clean experience. Though I had a bit of trouble with my toilet, I found everything to be in working order and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your response!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate any and all feedback and take it very seriously. We would love to have you stay with us in the future! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was very nice for the money. The room was very well equipped and nice. The hallways were a little smelly, but the rooms were not. They could have used some vending machines for late night snackers. Overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Hello and thank you for your response!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us back in August and I apologize in my delay in responding back to you. We appreciate any and all feedback and take it very seriously. We do not have vending machines because we have the Candlewood Cupboard which is our on-site convenient store that is on an Honors System. We would love to have you stay with us in the future! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Raleigh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I preface this by saying, the employee on duty was flying solo for the first time, after a month of training. She was handling every challenge being thrown at her with a smile. I also want to say I am a "Road Warrior" - (Holiday Inn Gold Member), and have seen a lot of adversity in hotel management. This was handled as good as anyone could have expected.

8PM - Saturday - 7/28/12 - The start of this employees shift!

I feel the management and ownership of this property should have taken a closer look at the capacity of this hotel and scheduled more than just 1 employee to be on duty. This was not fair to the employee or the guests.

There were rooms which could have been rented that were not cleaned.
There were patrons asking for supplies which weren't available (pillows/ iron/ towels were just coming out of a dryer).
The retail Pantry was wiped out, and 90+% out of stock. (This happens to be the business I am in, so I take notice of the condition of the Pantrys.)
Garbage cans at the entrance were overflowing with garbage.
Guests were saying their carpets were soaked with water runover from their A/C unit.
The 3 computers at one point had to be rebooted which took the employee off-line until she was able to contact the manager via telephone for the passwords.

The location manager handled the situations via phone. I'm not so sure I wouldn't have gone in myself, or called someone to go in and assist. It appeared whomever worked the 1st shift handed off a hotel that was not ready for the night shift person!

As it worked out, after waiting nearly 3 hrs. for a room, it was determined the hotel was oversold. To the credit of the management of this location, they sent us up the street to another IHG property, which was just fine.

I am sorry to be so critical, as I booked this hotel based on all the "Good" comments left by other patrons. I am sure this was just a bad moment which can be overcome with a little more oversight by ownership and management.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
saramcmill, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hello and thank you very much for your honest feedback! As the Director of Sales for this property, I take all reviews, good or bad, very seriously.

As an extended stay hotel, we do typically staff just one person per shift. We also have majority long term business that stays with us, yet do still publish nightly rates hence the high occupancy for last Saturday. I am extremely pleased to hear how our front desk agent handled all that was thrown at her and will be working much more closely with operations and housekeeping to ensure that on nights similar to this one, we are much more prepared.

I would love to have you come back and give us another shot on us. If you are returning to the area, please give me a call directly to book your room.

North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Honestly, we were amazed that we were able to stay in such a great room, with a great location, at such a low rate. Our room was beautiful, ultra clean, and so quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University, responded to this review, July 3, 2012

Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel was easy to find. Staff was super friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and very spacious, lots of storage space and loved being able to cook some meals in the kitchen to save some money. Room was the quietess I have ever stayed in. My only issue was that I did have a reservation in advance that clearly stated 3 people and the bathroom was only stocked with towels and washcloths for 2 people and the sofa bed did not have a pillow or blanket; only a fitted sheet and flat sheet that I found in the closet. Staff was quick about supplying the proper items though. The Candlewood Cupboard left something to be desired, very few items availble so I would suggest bringing your own food and snacks. With that said, I would definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review!

We sincerely appreciate your business and if you ever return to the Charlotte area we would love to have you back. In regards to the linen and towel shortage, all of our rooms are running a little low because they are getting ready to upgrade all of our products this month, therefore ordering of the current towels and sheets has not been possible! I apologize for this, but am happy the staff took care of you!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hotel is nice and newley renivated and is near everything you would need. Prices are very good and staff is kind and accomidating. I highly recomend the hotel to anyone that is staying long periods and wish to cook in the hotel rather than go and eat. The hotel is very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for top floors because we could hear the people upstairs alot of times just moving around.