“peacful”

Super 8 Charlotte/Amusement Park Area
Ranked #143 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First of all, I waited over 10 minutes for someone behind the desk to show up so I could check in. He also wanted me to sign a blank contract for my 2-night stay which I refused until he wrote in my nightly rate. Inside the room, both the refrigerator and microwave did not work. Even after trying a different outlet. The recliner was broken. The air conditioning worked intermittently. And the desk was falling apart. The hotel web site says that the property was recently renovated in 2011. They must of skipped my room.

Room Tip: Be advised that there are rail road tracks on the I-77 side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim S
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We were just passing through and this place turned out to be a good place to spend the night. Turned out the check in guy was from Canada. He gave us directions to get something to eat and also said don't buy gas here wait till you cross the state line. Turned out he was very right . Free wifi and clean room all you can ask for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The price was cheap, the room was clean and I found the staff to be courteous.

The breakfast was disgusting - coffee and danish - I thought Super 8 had better standards for breakfast!

The other problem was the the toilet handle did not work well. You had to really jiggle it to flush.

I reported this to the man at the front desk, and he came immediately to look. He suggested we move to another room.

This second room should not have been made available to the public. Our first room had a microwave; ths room did not.

There was very visible black mold in the bathroom, and there was no deadbolt lock on the door!

Needless to say, we stayed in the first room!

I pointed out the problems in the second room to the hotel staff. He was nice and pleasant enough - but I was shocked that even saw such a hazardous, unsafe room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RivitheLawyer
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Expect just to crash here for the night and that's it.
The rooms (booked 2) were clean although the carpets and mattresses were extremely old and gross. The continental breakfast consisted of some defrosted frozen danish. Not even enough to feed the four people in my party. The train outside my window woke me up in the middle of the night. I actually had a nightmare about this motel. No shampoo left out for you, just a bar of soap. The only reason I stayed was that I was exhausted after a full day at Carowinds and didn't have the energy to go look for another place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Italia617
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Best Western Carowinds
#2 of 9 in Fort Mill
Comfort Inn At Carowinds
#3 of 9 in Fort Mill
Montclaire South
Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood

Been to Super 8 Charlotte/Amusement Park Area? Share your experiences!