Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was very convienient for a short stay in Charlotte. They were very helpful and friendly. Very good at directions to and from all places. Clean and efficient rooms. We had everything we needed, coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator. We loved it !!

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room away from airport
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped off here while attending an event in Charlotte. I expected the bare minimum but got so much more. Easy to get to, plenty of parking, excellent front desk assistance, lovely QUIET room, comfortable beds and bedding, nice breakfast. What a pleasant surprise, great value for the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I received a short-notice change to my travel plans and had to stayover in Charlotte one night on my way home. I learned of the change when I landed in Charlotte. No problem, I'm a road warrior, I adapt. I quickly checked my TA app and found this hotel, booked a room over the phone and caught the shuttle to the hotel, sounds great so far, right?

Well while I was in the shuttle (not 30 minutes after I booked the room), the manager called me to tell me that the hotel is booked full and he is trying to find a room somewhere else. In other words, I'm getting "walked". When we arrived at the hotel, the manager met me just inside and said - leave your things on the shuttle your going to another Wyndham property.

They did take me to another Wyndham property, the room was OK, however, unlike this property, the property I got relocated to is a residential/corporate lodging facility not walking distance to anything. They had no shuttle or food service. I picked the Wingate for both of those reasons. Needless to say I had to order food delivered and make arrangements for the Wingate shuttle to pick me up the next morning. The Wingate manager helped me make the arrangements so that I would get picked up early enough to get breakfast at the Wingate hotel (his suggestion) at 6:00am, then catch the 7:00am shuttle to the airport from this Wingate. The manager said "be waiting outside at 6:00am our driver will be there." Apparently, those instructions never made it to the morning driver. I was concerned when no driver showed, so I started calling at 6:05am, the line was busy until 6:15 when I finally got through and the person said the driver is leaving now. The shuttle arrived at 6:30 with a party to take to the airport, a 15-20 minute drive from my alternate location, he refused to take me to the hotel first because the other party had to catch a flight, understandable but not good for me. Knowing this would not allow time for me to eat at the Wingate, I just got off the shuttle at the airport, and had breakfast there. I know you're probably saying "stop whining" but my point is that readers should know what happened to one person, if something like this happens to them. It certainly wasn't a horrible experience and the Wingate manager was very apologetic and very nice, when he was making the initial arrangements. He will may just be hearing about the outcome from this review.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Address: 6050 Tyvola Glen Cir, Tyvola & I077, Charlotte, NC 28217-6431
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Best Value Hotel in Charlotte
#20 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#27 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#40 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range: $96 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola 3*
The Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte I-77 @ Tyvola road offers southern hospitality with world class service. Our upper mid-scale hotel is here to meet your needs with 3 meeting rooms and luxury hotel accommodations to include our oversize rooms and suites. Every morning we offer a complementary full hot breakfast buffet. Our free hotel shuttle offers transportation to the airport and Lynx Light Rail for your visits to many local attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Airport South/i-77 @ Tyvola Hotel Charlotte