Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel requires some upgrading. The furnishings when you first walk in the room are dated and one piece of furniture was even broken. Having said that, the bed and pillows were the most comfortable of any on my three week vacation in the United States. My husband & I had a great nights sleep. Try not to judge the room by its general overall appearance. This is the most important feature of a hotel stay and the Wingate surpassed many others in meeting my expectation of a good nights sleep.

The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again as it provided good value for a good night's sleep. Breakfast was enjoyable.

The hotel may want to consider replacing some of the older pieces of furniture in their rooms over time. The general dated appearance of the room may put off some guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We only stayed one night but everybody we came in contact with were pretty friendly. When we walked into the room it smelled pretty nice. Some hotels when you walk into the room the smell is overpowering with disinfectant and you wonder what they are trying to hide.
Breakfast was really good, except for the hair in my second helping of eggs, and there were many choices. Overall the stay was good, except for the hair in my eggs thing, and I probably would stay there again, maybe. The hair thing really turned my stomach though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The service was warm and helpful during our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location was accessible. We liked the quiet and private feel of our room. Did not like the coffee maker so we brought our own from home.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took my 89 year old mother to Charlotte to visit the Billy Graham Museum. We had a pleasant stay together here at the Wingate by Wyndham. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the hearty complimentary breakfast, and we used the health and fitness center.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my family to Charlotte for Christmas shopping and stayed in many different hotels before , but this time we chose Wingate. It was centrally located to all of the locations we went to. I have enjoyed my visit. The rooms were very clean. The maid service was excellent, she was kind, friendly and on top of her game. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. The room we were given had a heating problem. I called downstairs to report it and was told to come and pick up a new key and move to the room next door. Quick, simple, no problems. We have decided to stay at Wingate by Wyndham whenever we travel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Address: 6050 Tyvola Glen Cir, Tyvola & I077, Charlotte, NC 28217-6431
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Best Value Hotel in Charlotte
#20 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#27 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#40 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range: $96 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola 3*
The Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte I-77 @ Tyvola road offers southern hospitality with world class service. Our upper mid-scale hotel is here to meet your needs with 3 meeting rooms and luxury hotel accommodations to include our oversize rooms and suites. Every morning we offer a complementary full hot breakfast buffet. Our free hotel shuttle offers transportation to the airport and Lynx Light Rail for your visits to many local attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Airport South/i-77 @ Tyvola Hotel Charlotte