Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina
“Very Very Nice”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my family to Charlotte for Christmas shopping and stayed in many different hotels before , but this time we chose Wingate. It was centrally located to all of the locations we went to. I have enjoyed my visit. The rooms were very clean. The maid service was excellent, she was kind, friendly and on top of her game. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. The room we were given had a heating problem. I called downstairs to report it and was told to come and pick up a new key and move to the room next door. Quick, simple, no problems. We have decided to stay at Wingate by Wyndham whenever we travel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband's business booked him into the Wingate while attending a week of training. I made the trip with him and enjoyed a week away in Charlotte. Our room was very nice, the facility was well maintained with an excellent work out room. But it's very best feature was the wonderful breakfast buffet. Many different offerings both hot and cold were well stocked and delicious. My husband ate earlier with a larger crowd and I ate a bit later. The tables and serving area were always kept clean, coffee was fresh and the food was always well presented. By far, the best free breakfast buffet served by any hotel we have stayed at for business.
But the very best part was the breakfast attendant, Vickie. She did an EXCELLENT job every morning we were there. It was the end of the week before we were able to attend the manager's reception because of business dinners earlier in the week. We found that she served those as well and the one we attended was excellent. Vickie puts in a very long day but was always very pleasant and accomodating. If given the opportunity, I tell the manager that if they want to find out what people really think about their hotel, they should make themselves available during breakfast to speak with their guests. Mary Jo S

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building have a beautiful view and enjoy the warmth of the sun.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in dozens of hotels. The employees at this hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. The maid service didn't interrupt us knocking on the door and were on top of their game. The rooms were impeccably clean with no odors whatsoever and didn't have a overwhelming chemical smell that most hotels use to cover odors. All the furniture and fixtures were like new with what seemed like little wear at all. The beds and bedding were extremely comfortable. The heating/cooling worked perfectly. The internet was fast and never down. There were still in theater movies available for purchase. The atmosphere was quiet. Everything in the hotel was convenient and functional with many available items to purchase. The hotel was located right off the interstate. The price was good. I rate this hotel with five stars and would recommend it to everyone. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The room was clean and quite. I have stayed here before and it was great as always. Great senior rate. Enjoyed our stay. This place is abour 8 miles south of downtown and just east of the airport. We'll be back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Eagle Lake
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Address: 6050 Tyvola Glen Cir, Tyvola & I077, Charlotte, NC 28217-6431
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Best Value Hotel in Charlotte
#20 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#27 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#40 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola 3*
The Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte I-77 @ Tyvola road offers southern hospitality with world class service. Our upper mid-scale hotel is here to meet your needs with 3 meeting rooms and luxury hotel accommodations to include our oversize rooms and suites. Every morning we offer a complementary full hot breakfast buffet. Our free hotel shuttle offers transportation to the airport and Lynx Light Rail for your visits to many local attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Airport South/i-77 @ Tyvola Hotel Charlotte