“Pretty good hotel except the coffee is terrible” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #37 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First let me start off by saying, make sure you go to the right Wingate. There are two Wingate's very close together. I ended up at the location 8 miles away because I googled "Wingate" and "Charlotte Airport" and went with the first hotel that popped up. Silly me. The woman behind the desk was very helpful and gave me printed directions to the correct hotel. I guess this sort of thing must happen a lot.

Once at the right location, I was quite pleased. Not only did they provide a free breakfast, but a free guest reception in the evening with free wine, beer and even some food. An unexpected surprise. The room was very comfortable and didn't stink of air fresheners, thank you! The only reason I'm giving four stars instead of five is because the coffee in the lobby was cold. I know, picky, picky. Otherwise, the place is great. Reasonably priced with plenty of amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am happy to see that you were quite pleased with your stay. Thank YOU for choosing our Wingate By Wyndham located at I-77 @ Tyvola road.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel provided a warm and comfortable refuge with all of the necessary amenities until we were able to continue our trip to Washington DC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I do apologize for your flight delay and glad we could offer a comfortable refuge during this inconvenience.
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Eagle Lake
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Address: 6050 Tyvola Glen Cir, Tyvola & I077, Charlotte, NC 28217-6431
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#17 Best Value Hotel in Charlotte
#20 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#27 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#40 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola 3*
The Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte I-77 @ Tyvola road offers southern hospitality with world class service. Our upper mid-scale hotel is here to meet your needs with 3 meeting rooms and luxury hotel accommodations to include our oversize rooms and suites. Every morning we offer a complementary full hot breakfast buffet. Our free hotel shuttle offers transportation to the airport and Lynx Light Rail for your visits to many local attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Airport South/i-77 @ Tyvola Hotel Charlotte