“great value for the money”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
NEWMARKET
“great value for the money”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It;s a shame we lost the hot tub enjoyed going into it, but it;s nice you have more exercise equipment. The food quality was good. I wished you had bigger rooms so we could have 5-6 people coming with us, 2 queen size beds and a pillow top comfy pulled out queen size couch would be a nice so we could have our family together. I would like to see you carrying better quality tea bags and hot hot water for tea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for your suggestions. I apologize for the loss of the hot tub but look at that new expanded Fitness Center, New Sundry Shop and New Business Center that replaced the hot tub. We are looking into making a few of our suites into 2 queen beds and a queen size sofa bed. I will look into different Tea bags and communicate with breakfast staff about the hot water. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
MARYSVILLE
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been staying at the Wingate properties for approximately 6 years now. We are not in need of lodging very often, but when we do require lodging we want and expect a great facility. Until September 25, 2012 Wingate has exceeded our expectations. Our problems last Tuesday are as follows: 1) We were told in the AAA book, and the Charlotte literature that a whirlpool was on site. After we had checked in we were told that is had been removed a year ago or more. My wife and I both have arthritis and we always stay where a tub is present, but were misled. 2) The A/C/ furnace unit was so noisy that we shut it off. 3) The bedding had a smell of old body odor. Lastly when we called to make arrangements for the nite, the person who answered the phone was certainly not pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Please allow me to apologize for your discomforts and for our whirlpool being removed.We have updated all our amenty offerings on our website and publications. We would have been pleased to have moved you to a different room for your comfort. I hope you will give us another chance in your future travels to Charlotte.
BLUEFIELD
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was in the most convenient location, very clean, and the staff was very courteous and most helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Todd B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank YOU for your positive review. I will pass it along to our staff.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently spent a few nights at this Wingate. I selected this hotel because of price and location.
The staff was friendly. My room was adequate. Most important, it was clean, quiet, and spacious. The breakfast was very good. Having it end at 9 was a little early for a leisure traveler. I was most appreciative of the later check-out due to a conference call that went long.

Room Tip: I stayed at the end of the hall, away from the elevators. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your positive review. I am happy to hear about our 12 noon check out working well for you. I do apologize that our 9 am weekday breakfast hours were too early. I will review the hours to see if we may want to change till 10am like our Saturday and Sunday hours. Thank YOU for your input.
North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We often fly out of Charlotte, which is about 2.5 to 3 hours west of my home. We normally get a hotel room in Charlotte the night before. We have never been disappointed with this hotel. We came in on a Wednesday afternoon while there were serving complimentary wine, beer and heavy hor dourves. That was Dinner. The next morning, after our complimentary breakfast, they took us to the airport and let our car remain in their parking lot for just $20. We were gone 12 days. When we arrived back at the airport, we called the hotel to pick us up so we could get our car even tho we were not staying at the hotel the evening. "What a deal".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank YOU for the positive communication about our Park n Fly Package. I am happy you were able to enjoy our guest social that we offer Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am not a frequent guest at Wingate proeprties but I was imrpessed with this one. Clean and the staff is very helpful. It has a strange parking lot (trust me) but once you figure it out it is no problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad that you enjoyed our Wingate By Wyndham Hotel. We are sometimes too much of a well kept secret. I'm sure happy you have shared your experience. Yes when entering our hotel off Tyvola road just before the stop light, you soon find that this is not the way back to Tyvola road as you exit from the back of the hotel to get back onto Tyvola road. We look forward to having you back.
WUPPERTAL
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A very good place to stay, extremely helpful staff, even for major problems. I will choose Wingate by Windham hotels in the future whenever available.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank YOU for your compliment on our hotel and even more for your compliment on our staff. I will pass it along to our team members.