“Clean Well Maintained Met Expectations”

Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Jackson, Mississippi
“Clean Well Maintained Met Expectations”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Very nice, clean and well kept hotel. I am always impressed by Wingate hotels and this one met my expectations. The suite was spacious and properly maintained. I have no complaints! This will be my hotel of choice when in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed April 2011
, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel! We are glad you had a good stay and we look forward to serving you in the future if you come back through Charlotte!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Got this 3-star hotel using priceline and was very satisfied for the price. the staff were very helpful, the rooms, while a bit dated, provided all you need. Internet connection speed was good and allowed some work from room, Very good breakfast served. Hotel was quiet at night and allowed a good nights sleep,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank beavercreekisfine
NB
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times. Clean, comfortable, quiet, good amenities. Polite, professional staff. Good breakfast selection. Will stay again if in area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward you being out guest again in the future. Summer is just around the corner and Carowinds theme park is a great for kids & adults as well.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Room was nice but the whirpool jets had not been cleaned. The security guard was very rude. I wish they would have had more personal things in the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Airport South/ I-77 @ Tyvola. We have brought this to our housekeeping staff’s attention and we have taken steps to immediately correct this. We strive to ensure guest satisfaction and if we ever do not meet your standards, please let us make it right before you leave. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Ohio
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Friendly staff, small bathroom, large room and large TV. Room needed a paint job and bed skirt was dirty.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. We have just upgraded our television to 37’ flat screen and we are glad that our guests are enjoying them. We hope that you will stay with us again and enjoy our breakfast.
Graz, Austria
Reviewed December 26, 2010

There's nothing wrong with the hotel itself. The bathroom was rather small for the price, and the free breakfast was not thrilling either. I would have expected more for the price, especially since the hotel is 10-15 min away from Charlotte uptown, and also not too close to the airport. (There is a shuttle service to the airport, however.) The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think you can get better value for your money in this area though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
We are located centrally between Uptown Charlotte and the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. We will pass along your friendly comment to about our staff. We hope that you will stay with us again at the Wingate by Wyndham Airport South/ I-77 & Tyvola and enjoy our other great amenities such as the outdoor pool and fitness center.
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We first stayed at the Wingate in Little Rock last year because of its location with no prior knowledge of the amenities. We found out that the rooms were very comfortable, featured free Internet, and that they served a filling breakfast the next morning.

So we chose Wingate again when passing through Charlotte, even though it was a few miles south of our trip's path. As usual, the rooms were lovely and very comfortable. We both had a good night's sleep.

Free Internet is always a major factor when choosing a hotel; being on a business trip, we had a lot of things to wrap up before driving on to DC the next day. But the next consideration in choosing Wingate was knowing we were going to have a filling breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, yogurt, milk, fresh coffee, etc., before getting back on the road.

The dining room manager was extremely nice and accommodating to all of the sleepy diners. She had a really wonderful smile for so early. I didn't get her name but the date was the morning of November 19th.

Such a difference compared to the hotel we stayed at last night. Due to the conference we're attending, we don't have a choice of accommodations. The Internet here is NOT free and breakfast is very expensive ($3 for a cup of coffee or a soda, for example).

In summary, Wingate will get our business as often as possible from now on. Thanks for doing such a great job for all of us weary travelers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ajnegron
Thank you so much for the raving comments about out Wingate by Wyndham brand. We strive to ensure all guest accommodations and service is above standards. We hope that you will stay with us again at the Wingate by Wyndham Airport South/I-77 @ Tyvola.