Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park
Ranked #139 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed August 23, 2006

Whatever you do PLEASE do not stay at this hotel. There are a host of other establishment on the same road that are a lot more sanitary. At around 7:30am I was awaken to the sound a a RAT chewing on a box I had left on the bed stand. The rodent was literally less than 2 feet from my head as I slept. I jumped up, he ran off and then I noticed rat dropping ALL OVER the bed stand. I alerted the front desk staff, cancelled the second night of my stay and checked into another room to at least take a shower and get dressed. As I get out of the shower a housekeeper walks in on me. She doesn't knock, doesn't call to see if anyone was in there, she just walks right in. As someone who has worked at a hotel, I know that in most places storming into a guest room without knocking and not even apologizing is enough to get you fired. When I went back down to the front desk to speak with the front desk manager, they acted as if I had done something wrong. The housekeeping manager was in the office at the time and was extremely rude and both the front desk manager and the General Manager were unwilling to at least give me a discount. I was willing to overlook the shabby outside and even the filthiness inside the room. When you're lookin for a place to lay your head for the night you can overlook a lot but a Rat eating and relieving himself next to you as you sleep is unacceptable. If you don't have a lot of money and you need a descent place to stay in the area, just go to Microtel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank JaHanibal
daysinn28262, owner at Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2008

thank you for letting us know about your thought about days inn north Charlotte. This hotel is under new management and new construction. please give us another try and see how we can serve you better. thanks

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park

Reviewed March 15, 2006

Filthy lobby, dodgy surroundings, dark parking lot, just creepy all the way around. I had a reservation to stay there with my family, and despite arriving rather late (8PM) we got out of there and found somewhere else. Many other options in the immediate area.

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank thomasbaker

thank you for letting us know about your thought about days inn north Charlotte. This hotel is under new management and new construction. please give us another try and see how we can serve you better. Our facility provide FREE daybreak breakfast, wireless internet.
HBO and cable tv.
Large outdoor pool.
Spacious parking for Cars, trucks and Buses.
laundry fatality on site.
restaurants near by

Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Continental Inn
Rodeway Inn University Area
#122 of 178 in Charlotte
Quality Inn & Suites
#132 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park

Address: 1408 W Sugar Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262-4942
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte > Mineral Springs
Ranked #139 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Price Range: $58 - $79 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Charlotte North-Speedway-Uncc-Research Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Charlotte Days Inn