“The only reason it's not 1 star is because I survived the night”

Days Inn Charlotte/woodlawn Near Carowinds
Ranked #114 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Albany, New York
“The only reason it's not 1 star is because I survived the night”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Do not stay here unless your only other choice is to sleep in your car. Run down rooms, cigarette burned bedspread, chipped flakeboard furniture, scary continental "breakfast", creepy guests. This hotel is clearly used as a "home" to families living out of a hotel room. It is in a lousy part of town and not that close to Carrowinds or anyplace else you would want to visit in Charlotte. They hook you in with a non refundable, web only rate for one reason...because as soon as you actually see the hotel, you won't want to stay there. Don't make the same mistake I did. I stayed for 2 nights in July and would never, ever go back, no matter how inexpensive it is.

Room Tip: There is no good room here. Definately do not stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnWoodlawn, Director of Sales at Days Inn Charlotte/woodlawn Near Carowinds, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello, Sir/Mem I thank you for your time and effort and I apologize for the inconvenience that you had to go through at our property . Please give us a chance to provide you with best possible service and I will personally make sure that you do not have to go through any of the problems that you had to go through earlier. we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Greensboro
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Guest Services agent was very kind and quick which was good considering that we arrived so late in the evening. When we arrived to our room it was old. The bathroom looked like they were trying to upgrade but there were holes in the new marble. My iron was missing out of the room and the beds didn't fit two adults. It was noisy late into the night. The breakfast looked good in the morning but we ate at the local IHop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I came in @ 430am looking for a room. the older guy unlocked the door and let me and my Two young sons in. we discussed the room rates and the lenth of my stay and was told i could stay to whole day due to me and my family coming in so late. we gor to the room and we had dirty towels and burns in the carpet and sheets. me and my family was so tired from our trip we just went to sleep. At about 930...an hour and thirty minutes before checkout... we were woken up my a very rude maid asking "When are we getting out". I told her we have the room for the day and she proceeded to say some really bad comments in Spanish and walked off. i went to the front desk and talk to a young lady name felisha and explained the sitution that the night manager told me. she was very bad attitude and said with an attitude that she was doing me a favor and would let me check out at noon. i told her this is not what the night manager said and she just strugged it off like i was nothing. i even spoke to the gm and he seemed not to care.... if i was anyone in the area please don't stay at this establishment. they are rude and do not know the meaning of customer service. i do believe that all the good reviews are management cause i can't see someone staying here and giving a positive review.

• Stayed July 2013
DaysInnWoodlawn, Manager at Days Inn Charlotte/woodlawn Near Carowinds, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night since my flights were canceled due to weather. The hotel is a short drive from the airport via their courtesy van which arrived shortly after I called from the airport to make the reservation. Van driver was friendly, helpful and courteous and so was the check in clerk. I was tired from waiting around in the airport for flight info so their pleasant demeanor was especially appreciated.

The room was surprisingly spacious and nice since the amount I paid (about $50) is a very reasonable rate. The temperature controls actually worked!!!! I could adjust them according to my needs. I have been in 5 star hotels where the temperature controls were never accurate, so this was a real treat for me. Beds had seemingly new covers, bed was comfortable, the room came with a beautiful flat screen tv, microwave and tv. The bathroom was spotless and it had granite counters!

There was no stopper for the bathtub and there was no shampoo provided but I consider those things trivial. The breakfast they provided was good: apples, oatmeal, cereal, donuts, toast, waffles, coffee, juices. It was a bit crowded, but I didn't really mind that as I took my coffee and oatmeal to my room.

When I checked out I was told that the courtesy van was not available but the hotel paid for a cab to take me to the airport. The cab was called and arrived promptly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo