We picked the Courtyard when we wanted a comfortable place in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte. It turned out to be very satisfactory, despite the fact that work going on in the public areas made the entrance a cramped hallway. They managed to provide coffee and cookies neatly organized on one side, and they had junk food of various kinds for sale beside the reception counter. The service was great: All the staff weren't just polite, they were really pleasant and helpful.
Here's what I liked:
- The room was spacious and clean. It had a nice desk with a second pullout desk below it so you could make a comfortable office set-up.
- The free wifi internet worked well.
- The location was really convenient. Not scenic by any means, but close to restaurants, shops, the gas station, and the freeway.
- The website warned of the lobby renovation IN ADVANCE so I was prepared to find it closed off.
- The indoor swimming pool looked nice, though I didn't actually go in.
Here's what I didn't like so much:
- The bathroom was small, and split into a washbasin outside, loo and shower inside. (But it was well-maintained and worked fine.)
- The room had only one chair, which I would not have noticed if I'd been alone. But not so nice for couples.
- The place could do with some beautification inside and out -- plants, flowers, pictures etc. It's forgettably bland. Maybe the lobby renovation will fix that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne is conveniently located in the heart of Ballantyne, at the intersection of John J. Delaney Drive and Johnston Road. With access to unparalleled amenities, the hotel is nearby a variety of restaurants, shopping, golf and spa. We are proud to offer 90 well appointed guest rooms and suites that have been designed with your comfort in mind. The pillow-top beds offer a restful night's sleep, and all guest rooms have refrigerators and 32" LCD Televisions. The Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Ballantyne now features the brand’s new Refreshing Business lobby concept, designed to give travelers the flexibility to work and socialize however they choose while on the road. A signature element of the new lobby is the exclusive GoBoard® technology, a 52-inch LCD touch screen packed with local information, maps, weather, and news, business and sports headlines. Dining has been completely redesigned with The Bistro – Eat. Drink. Connect.; offering casual, flexible seating; easier access to food and higher quality, healthier menu options for breakfast and light evening fare, including snacks, wine and beer so guests can unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Charlotte Ballantyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Charlotte Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Charlotte Courtyard
- Charlotte Marriott