Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
New York
“Good value”
Reviewed January 22, 2007

About 20 minutes from Downtown. Very good value--pleasant, fresh and clean. Walls thin and noise from neighbors was a problem. Good free breakfast with eggs and sausage--good for my low carb diet!

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2006

We returned to the Drury this month. This time we decided to try the suite. Unfortunately, it is poorly laid-out and they have clustered the suites on the top floor where, for some reason, it smells like cigarette smoke. It smelled stale and stuffy in the suite. I would avoid the suites and go for the room.
Also, the breakfast bar server this time seemed to be from planet Hostility.
Our previous experience in the Drury with a room was very good.

• Liked — The previous stay in a room not a suite,
  • Disliked — Strange twisting tunnel suite set up and smokey smell
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid the suites, go for the room.
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DMH154
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I decided on the Drury Hotel based on other reviews on various messag boards. The staff was professional and attentive. The hotel is very clean. The pool is a little small, but since there was never anyone else using it, it was fine for me. There is a TGI Fridays across the parking lot and a Chili's across the street. There is also a strip mall with a Walmart and quite a few other stores about a block away. We enjoyed the cocktail hour every evening and the free popcorn and soda for the kids (available throughout the day). The recliner in the room was also a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We arrived late after a long day of driving to the Drury Inn and I can say honestly that I was in and out in less than a minute to check in. I have never had such exemplary service at a front desk like I did here. We booked via the website and I looked at what deals they had and instead of $74.99 for the night, because of the special code on the site, we paid $54.99 for the Charlotte Mills special. It was supposed to have a free VIP Welcome Package with valuable Concord Mills Coupon Book, which we didn't get, but it wasn't why I booked the room. I love that they have secure parking that you must access with your key card, free long distance (1 hour per day), free high speed Internet access, an outstanding free breakfast buffet, a small, but usable business center where I could print out my directions for the upcoming day, and great accomodations. Only downside, although small, was that there were no tissues in the room and the pool is only open from 10 am to 10 pm. I have had incredible success with Drury Inn & Suites and with this one in Charlotte and would definitely return!

• Liked — No fee for pets and it was effortless to have my dog and my kids with me!
  • Disliked — No tissues?
  • Tips/Secrets — Check the hotel's website for deal before booking your room.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank marian13
Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2006

We had a nice stay here. The staff was a little spacy, but all in all, this was a good hotel. This chain is fast becoming our favorite since they don't charge extra for pets and are consistently clean and well run.

• Stayed April 2006
kingsport tn
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and the staff. I have never met such wonderful hotel employees in all my life. If I wanted anything, they were more than happy to see that I got it and they always had a smile on their face. It was also the cleanest place I have ever stayed. The entire time I was there, the staff was scrubbing anything from baseboards to elevator walls! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Charlotte.

• Stayed March 2006
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed March 15, 2006

A clean and comfortable double room, in a hotel with a pool, hot breakfast, luggage carts, and other nice touches -- all for about $80. A good deal all around.

• Stayed March 2006