Last minute business trip to Charlotte resulted in two night stay at the Drury. Most of my peers were at sister inn seven miles further west on WT Harris Boulevard, but it's all good. University Place Drury recently underwent renovation and is in great shape! I was very pleased with atmosphere, staff friendliness and facilities.
Booked 1 bedroom suite. Probably overkill space for one person, but it was fun. Bed and couch were comfortable. Room was clean and well kept. Gym was clean and though not huge does offer a selection of cardio machines and free weighs. There is a pool as well, but I did not partake.
Upon booking, front desk took time to explain Drury features and points club. Also pointed out free evening beverages and other assorted amenities. Only drawback for me is the lobby offers free popcorn throughout most of day. With that comes the smell of popcorn, which was a little nauseating at times.
Over all, great stay and well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Charlotte Drury Inn & Suites is located in the University City neighborhood, south of University of North Carolina and University Research Park. Our hotel is less than two miles from IKEA, and shopping and restaurants are walking distance! Your stay includes free hot breakfast and free 5:30 Kickback(R) with hot food and cold beverages - every evening! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte North Hotel Charlotte
- Drury Inn And Suites Charlotte North
- Drury Inn Charlotte
- Drury Inn Hotel Charlotte
- Drury Charlotte