“Still Comfy and Clean”

Ranked #28 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
south carolina
“Still Comfy and Clean”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent one short night at this motel recently. I was attending a function in uptown Charlotte that started very early so needed a relaxing place for a short sleep and shower. As usual everything was clean and comfy making getting to sleep easy. This motel could update a few things in the rooms though, such as floor lamps that wobble and phones that sometimes don't work. But the beds and pillows are great. I never seem to catch the evening snack/meal time and this time due to my early departure I missed breakfast. I was fortunate to grap some juice on my way out which was a great help in getting the day started. Check-in and check-out was a breeze and the staff was friendly. I did have a coupon which got me a much better rate than usual for this 1 night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sunburst83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

and this hotel was no exception. We find them comfortable and economical without exception. We checked in with a coupon for a rate of $61.00 plus tax. The room was comfortable and clean with all the amenities. Lots of electrical outlets to meet all our needs. We really like the dispensers in the bathroom for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. The indoor-outdoor pool was very favorable and I was able to do my one hour swim. Probably what we like best about Drury Inns is their 5:30 pm happy hour. Each person has a coupon for 3 drinks and we didn't need dinner after eating the food that was offered. hotdogs, chicken tenders, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, a salad bar and nacho bar and more. Breakfast was delicious. There was a big pot of cooked oatmeal like I haven't had since childhood along with eggs, sausages and numerous other items. Lastly, I would like to comment on the friendliness of the staff, especially Doug the manager who helped us with travel plans. Please open more Drury Inns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KanuckRN
Roseville, California
Reviewed February 8, 2013

First time I ever heard of Drury was in a recent Consumer Report article. The Drury hotel chain came as "recommended" among most of the majors. Then I find myself staying at this Drury for a week on business.

Considering the price its pretty darn good.

Where else can you get a nice looking room, a free full breakfast in the morning and a Happy Hour with free drinks and hot food for a very inexpensive price? The front desk staff was very knowledgable. One morning we had the chance to talk with Ted one of the managers as he awaited the arrival of the corporate executives. The rooms are good quality and include very comfortable beds and chairs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Charlotte and Drury came recommended. Our family agreed that the front desk woman who checked us in was efficient but not pleasant. It was an unfortunate start to our stay because otherwise things were pretty good. Amenities include a light dinner even with free alcoholic drinks, breakfast.

Rooms are fairly large. Thermostat control with unit cycling through was loud and annoying. Everything super clean.

We will probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at the Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte North. We take great pride in our customer service and I'm sorry to hear that you and your family felt our Guest Service Agent was not exceptional. I would like to learn the specifics of your visit so that I can address your concerns with our team. If you would be so kind to contact me, that would be great. Thank you again for your honesty and I look forward to learning more about you stay.

Regards,
Doug Uzelac
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have stayed here many times going back 10 years or more. It is always a pleasant place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The place is in the university area and convenient to restaurants and near I-85. It is a quite hotel so sleeping is good. My wife likes the shopping at Concord Mills just down I-85 from the hotel. We'll be back.

Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our second stay at a Drury in and we were extremely pleased. The staff was very firendly and helpful, the hotel was clean, neat and well arranged. It was about a 10 minute drive off of Interstate 75 and was very easy to find.
We checked in at 4PM and were there in time for their 5:30 "Kickback". This is a program which gives you food and drink-even alcoholic drinks. The food was filling- we didn't need to go out for dinner! They had baked potatoes, hot dogs, chicken breasts(battered and fried), mac and cheese, soup, a small salad bar and a small nacho chip and cheese bar. I was pleasantly suppressed at the variety- it wasn't just pretzels and peanuts! Then to further the experience- they actually give you 3 beverages per checked in person. The beverages ranged from soda to wine to beer and even a choice of mixed drinks- I'll have a Tequillia sunrise, thank you very much! We sat at a very nice table and watched some televison and several employees stopped by to make sure our stay was good so far, offered to clean up our used plates and even offered to go deliver one of our redeemable beverages for us! For not being a real restaurant- they certainley served us well! FYI- you can't buy any additional alcoholic drinks, it must have something to do with their liquor license. But hey- 3 is plenty, right ? ;) Also, I should mention, there looked to be many restaurants in walking distance- if you didn't want to eat at the hotel.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable to sleep in, the shower had excellent pressure, televsion worked great- absolutely no complaints about the room! I'd also like to mention that we were on the 4th floor in the "atrium" area of the hotel, and though I feared noise might be a problem, due to the open plan, it was very quiet! Breakfast was excellent - make it yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, yogurt, oranges, bananas, instant grits and cereals- excellent way to start the day!
I would recommend this hotel to anybody! Also, we used a coupon from one of the Interstate hotel coupon books and checked in for under $65- incredible deal!

Room Tip: Use a coupon from an interstate travel coupon book to get an excellent deal!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Spent two nights there in the past two weeks. Have stayed before. Always very clean, with very friendly and helpful staff. Free morning and evening buffet for those trying to stretch their dollars. Nice flat screen television, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave in room. This is why I always choose Drury Inn when available - every one I have ever stayed in from North Carolina to St. Louis matches this description.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all four floors and never had a noisy room.