Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
$142
$85
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Room Service
$139
$109
$89
All reviewsevening kickbackbaked potatofree alcoholic drinksfree breakfasthot breakfastmicrowave and refrigeratorhot tubuniversity areamorning breakfastroom was clean and comfortablethis past weekenddefinitely stay here againexercise roomparking lotbed and pillowsthe hotel offerslobby area
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love love LOVE the Drury Inn's. This is the second Drury we have stayed at in Charlotte, and I love this place. The North Charlotte Drury is not as nice and clean and fabulous as the Northlake Charlotte Drury, but still worth the money. The two double bed rooms are not as nice as the King room that we stayed in the last time, but the all around experience was just as good. I have to say the North facility is a little dingier, not as clean and the rooms not as big, but the staff was more friendly and polite at the North facility. The drinks and meals (hot dogs, nacho bar, salads for dinner; sausage, eggs, french toast, cereal, yogurt, donuts, danishes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, etc. for breakfast) are amazing and delicious and actually leave you feeling as though you overate. The assistant manager takes the time to come say hello to every guest, welcome them to the hotel, ask about their stay, encourage them to seek the front desk for anything they need, etc. The $115 for the room is not excessive considering you're getting two free meals and drinks and the rooms are great! The only downside was the excessive water on the floor from about 30 kids going in and out of the pool nonstop and then walking around the hotel dripping wet. Can't blame the hotel for that since the kids showed absolutely no responsibility about cleaning up after themselves, leaving towels and water EVERYWHERE, but again, it was the only downside to our stay. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The AC is temp controlled on the wall and makes the room temp stay consistent and we LOVE that! Quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed a Friday night at this hotel while traveling through the Charlotte area. I chose this hotel based on the convenient location, competitive price, and because of tripadvisor.com reviews.

The hotel was easy enough to find, being just off I-85 exit 45A. Traffic on I-85 was very heavy, so it was a welcome relief to find the hotel so easily accessible. Upon arrival, there was ample free parking in front of the hotel entrance. I was greeted by a friendly cheerful young lady, and promptly checked-in. She informed me about the “Kickback” going on in the hotel lobby during the evening, which was free hot food including hot dogs, baked potatoes, nacho bar and other items. There was also a soda drink dispenser for free drinks and a popcorn machine. She also gave me a card that could be used for 3 free drinks from the hotel bar.

There were several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, including a TGI Fridays in the same parking lot as the hotel. After the free “Kickback” in the hotel lobby, we didn’t need another meal.

The room was typical hotel size, smaller than expected, but still ok. We had a double bed room, but I was surprised that the beds were standard size and not queens. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The entire room was clean. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom. I liked how the sink & vanity area were separated from the toilet shower area. That made it simple when multiple people need to shower and get ready. There was free wireless internet available in the room, and a computer & printer available in the lobby area. There was only one elevator, and it was always busy. While we were there, a bus full of baseball players checked in. They were noisy in the hallway as they wanted to hang out in the hallway instead of their own rooms. I had a long day of driving and was ready for an early night. Just as I laid down to go to sleep, the phone rang. It was the front desk of the hotel asking me how my stay was going. I told them that the hotel was fine, but that the noise in the hallway was annoying. She said she would take care of it. A few minutes later everything was quiet for the rest of the night.

The free breakfast was great, and included fresh scrambled eggs & biscuits, along with many other typical breakfast items. As we were eating, the hotel manager came around to chat with us about our stay. He was friendly, and came back around to pick up our empty plates.

Check-out was simple and fast, as I had basically already been checked-out with a receipt slid under my door early that morning. There was a drop box in the lobby and in the parking lot for the door card keys.

I’ve stayed at many hotels up and down the east coast, and I would rank this one right at the top of the list. The friendliness of the staff, along with the perks the hotel offers, make this a welcome surprise. I’m sure I’ll stay here on my next trip through the Charlotte area, and if the same experience continues, then I’ll be staying here on every trip.

Room Tip: Double Beds are Standard size instead of Queen.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 3gw
Reviewed July 5, 2012

When we arrived at this Drury, the assistant general manager of the hotel was at the check-in desk assisting a customer with a lost phone. She quickly & happily checked us into our room, welcoming us not only to the hotel but to the city & state. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. The typical Drury amenities, including popcorn & soft drinks available starting at 3 PM were all in place. The free kickback food/drinks were also standard Drury fare, as was breakfast the following morning. This Drury also had a very nice lobby area & glass-enclosed elevator, more in line with the high-end Drury hotels. All around we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My stay at the Drury Inn was great! The staff was friendly and helpful. The "Kickback" was a nice amenity every afternoon after work. The hot tub and pool area were nice. Property is located very near I85 and near lots of restaurants and shops! Will stay here again!

Few suggestions though: Free weights in the work out room and change the menu up a little for "Kickback".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We travel a lot so we awe quire famililiar with hotels. This is one of the best hotel we stayed. It is extremely clean and the staff I'd very professional, courties and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family