“Not Bad”

Econo Lodge Coliseum Area
Ranked #158 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Not Bad”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We just needed a place to sleep and this location served that purpose. It was clean and the beds were comfy. The only downside was that the bathroom was very small. The location was ok and the check in and check out process was nice and easy.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My first time in Charlotte and got stuck due to a snowstorm. So I tried to make the best situation out of none and booked a local cheap room at the Econolodge. As soon as I walked in I noticed it was an old building. I walked in to an Indian man at the front desk yelling at customers barely knowing any English. I had no choice but to check in I was stuck there due a snowstorm. The rooms are extremely old and outdated. The bathrooms are filthy I can't believe they even pass health inspection. When I checked into my room the bathroom was filthy and the carpets were dirty and the room reeked of old body odor. So I took a shower and went to bed and as I was pulling down the sheets I noticed some black hairs. I have blond hair and am white and have no black hair. So I called the front desk and ask for a set of clean sheets to my surprise the manager showed up at my door with some clean sheets and I went to bed. at 3 o'clock in the morning I woke up itching and could not stop itching I sat up in bed and turned on the light to my surprise there was little bedbugs everywhere. I grabbed my iPhone and had to take a picture I couldn't believe my eyes. This is a filthy hotel don't ever stay. I would've been better off just sleeping in the airport on a cot instead now my whole body has bites on it. I have a serious body rash on my back and arms and waste. Don't ever stay here it's not worth the 49 bucks

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Sarah W
Rocky Mount
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was just stopping through to get some sleep bec I was on my way to a funeral the next day. The room I got was so dirty like it hadnt been cleaned in weeks. The tables were dirty, the chairs had stains on them couldnt sit on them, the walls were dirty. I kept my socks on to take a shower bec the tub & bathroom being so dirty. Slept on top the covers of the bed because I was scared of what I would find there. Put my coat over my pillow so my head didnt have to touch it. I saw no staff the whole visit there but the check in person. I dnt think they have a clean up staff. I have never stayed in a hotel room this horrible. I couldnt believe that they would allow a guest to stay in conditions like this but dnt mind taking your money for the night. I personally think that there should be an inspection without them knowing. Payed $70 dollars to just get a few hours of sleep before hitting the road again & a dirty room. The parking was cleaner than the hotel should have just stayed out there.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank emw0408
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

where do i start bout this hotel omg it was awful i booked room few days before arriving omg big mistake the hotel is in bad area of charlotte next to gas station no bars or resturants in area for meals had go gas station for snacks and drinks the breakfast was awful continental still hungry after breakfast the manager not nice nor friendly asked few times bout my visit he said me not understand english not good staff mostly indian and room smelt of bad odor in room and bathroom i stayed a week the longest week my life i recommend nobody stay here thats how bad it is as long as i get my review on here saves people going through what i went through at hotel . ,and highway next to hotel very noisey/

Room Tip: just dont stay here at all my advise x
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank grantf388
TECUMSEH
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was decent but the bathroom was in rough shape and had some black mode. The continental breakfast was not good at all. Very limited assortment. Price I paid for room was good as I wouldn't want to have paid anymore than I did. The bed was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was the absolute worst hotel I have EVER stayed in. Upon check-in at 2PM, we were greeted by a not so friendly employee at the front desk. My group and I were attending the Giants/Panthers football game that afternoon so we took the keys and left for the game after check-in. We did not go into the room at this point because of a lack of time. At around 11:45PM that same night we went back to the hotel to find that the room we were given was dirty. The bathroom was disgusting, dirty towels and washcloths everywhere. The bed linens were all over the floor, clearly had been slept in. The room had not been cleaned. We went back down to the front desk to tell the night auditor that we had been given a dirty room and he immediately starting yelling at us telling me that we went up to the room at 11AM, and he had no other rooms to give us. I explained that we had not even checked in until 2PM,I even demanded to see my credit card slip that I signed and showed him the time on the slip (confirming our check in at after 2PM). He demanded that his system showed we had checked in at 11 AM and had no further response except for "my system says." Not once did this man apologize or even seem to care that we had been checked into a dirty room. He immediately said he had no rooms left but then somehow ended up making us keys to a new room. As we got halfway down the hallway, he called me back to the desk and proceeded to make me NEW keys to a DIFFERENT room. Clearly again had almost sent me to a dirty room or an occupied one, even worse. I've never experienced worse customer service. The front desk clerk actually told us that we were to check the hotel room at any hotel after check-in to make sure the room was okay. WHAT?! It SHOULD already be all set for the guest. The rooms were disgusting, we could barely even sleep because the sheets were scratchy and the odor in the hotel is awful. We left at 6:30 AM because we couldn't even stand to be there any longer. The hotel is also located down an alley right along the highway which is just not a comforting location. Overall, terrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying here!
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank castrono17
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Hotel had a very Bad Odor!, the bathroom lights did not work and even worse I saw a snake in room 220 near the AC!, and the Staff claims he did not see anything after going back up hmmmm. I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE!I could not even stay the Whole night

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business