Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I initially was given a smoking room, though I booked a non-smoking room, but the front desk was quick to fix the issue. The bathroom was not very clean, plus the shower only would dispense cold or very hot water - nothing in between. No toiletries or even soap. Free breakfast in the morning consisted of prepackaged oatmeal, granola bars and muffing, plus coffee and apples and oranges. The place is ok for a couple of nights but I wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay. Totally agree with other reviewers - you get what you pay for. I booked through Hotwire, so it was VERY cheap, otherwise I would have given it an even worse review (NO value for the price).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

So you choose to stay in the least expensive furnished apartments in northern Charlotte. Then you arrive in your room and see the recliner prominently placed before the TV and all doubt is removed as to the style and target clientele. Hey, I did fine here for six weeks waiting for my relocation home to be built, just don't think your experience will be similar to the Courtyard down the street. Rooms were tired, only baths were renovated and hallways smelled like frat house on Sunday morning. Staff was great though.

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the staff being great are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you were not happy with our renovations and that there was an odor in the hallways. In response to your feedback, I am taking preventative measures in providing a better ventilation system to provide a fresher smell in the hallways.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cup@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I just relocated here from RI and had to stay in a hotel for a little over a month straight. This hotel and the staff here are awesome. They made me feel comfortable, safe and welcome. Whenever i needed something they were right they to give me whatever i needed. Even outside the hotel, they're recommendations were helpful. Always positive energy and supportive, Caring and worried about everything. I would give this hotel MORE than just two stars.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hotel Staff is Awful...Room??...THE Running of THIS ''Hotel'' Is TERRIBLE...I Booked this thru Priceline...Thought I Was Getting A Hotel, you know, clean towels, bed made every day, room cleaned...NOT....And NOT Only Do I Have to Listen to People Walking Above Me Half The Night..Now a Screaming Child Across in the next Room...Hotel says Their Are NO Children there...I TOLD HER TO COME HEAR IT....STAY AWAY FROM EXTENDED STAY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed August 2, 2013

the staff was rude, there was no breakfast.. coffee and granola bar no condiments and our room was not clean!I would have rather paid a little more to stay somewhere much nicer! Don't bother keep going!

• Stayed: July 2013