“Musty Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #93 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Checked in on a Sunday Night. The Hotel is old in appearance. The Elevators have not been cleaned, or painted for some time. The room had old, dated carpet and the walls had texture that was common in the mid 80's. The room had a musty order that actually caused me to feel sick. I’m a frequent business traveler and this is hotel is pretty outdated as for the interior. The bed linens were old and did I mention the room was had a really bad order.
I was under the impression that all Fairfield Inns were actually owned by the Marriot name but that’s not the case with this hotel. It is owned and operated by a local group and it’s obvious they need to either update the hotel or get out of the business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Arrowood

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Spouse and I and an Australian couple visiting stayed here (2 rooms) for one night before they flew from Charlotte to the US west coast on the way home. This is a very good Fairfield Inn – immaculately clean and reasonably priced. I have stayed in several “lesser Marriott’s” in the last few years and this in the top three. Desk service and staff, most helpful, the room was the largest we have seen in any Fairfield. As in all Fairfield’s the towels were “thinish” – but that is the way it is! The breakfast was an excellent hotel lobby breakfast, fresh eggs, hot biscuits (and gravy – if you like that), fruits and the standard hotel lobby continental breakfast stuff. Very convenient to restaurants – good Ruby Tuesday’s ½ mile away and but 15 minutes to the airport (albeit on a Saturday morning with little traffic). So having had an unsatisfactory experience at another Charlotte Airport Hotel (see my Trip Advisor review of March 10, 2012), this is where I will stay in the future when I need to be in Charlotte overnight. Rate it a 4; only luxury hotels get a 5!

Room Tip: Ours on first floor (opposite end from swimming pool) were very large.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank scscientist
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this location for our family 5-day vacation. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, and it was a 5-10 minute drive to various attractions (mall, restaurants, movies, Carrowinds, downtown, light rail etc.). This is an ideal location for families. The only drawback is that they do NOT have the fridge and microwave in all of the rooms so it can come down to the luck of the draw when checking in. Other than that, we'd stay here in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Roadie27
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel was a Carolwind choice hotel with a package deal. The hotel was nice and clean and the room was average with most hotels. Nothing special about the room. The one thing that I did notice was that it had an air toilet, so when you flush stand back because some might come out, very powerful. The beds were comfortable and seemed to be new. We asked for extra pillows and also early check in and were granted both.
Now on to the breakfast. We were there for 3 days and the breakfast never changed the biscuits were hard as a rock and the sausage gravy was boiling over and did not have a good taste to it. So your choice is Bagels, Yogurt, and cereal. The offered Jimmy Dean sandwiches but forgot to tell you that it was bacon egg and cheese. Now to the scrambled eggs, over half of it was soaked or soaking in water.
So I don't kill a Hotel for it's breakfast. There is more to a Hotel then breakfast,there is customer service the room, location and safety. Putting all those together this is a good deal for your money and stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family stayed for 3 nights, rooms were very clean, beds were comfy, breakfast was tasty, pool was great, and the staff was awesome. The first night we stayed on the 1st floor, we did hear alot of doors closing and cars coming in, but we told the front desk and they moved us to the 3rd floor for the reat of ur stay. i would recommend 3rd floor less noise. Would def stay again

1  Thank April R
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We passed through Charlotte on our way to South Carolina. We stayed at the Fairfield Arrowood and found it to be clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was very good

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

While this is an older property, it has been renovated. Some slight signs of age outside. BUT---this staff is so friendly, helpful, and professional that they have made this stay well worthwhile. I would definitely stay here again. Janie greeted me at the front desk, answered all my questions, and took care of me as if I were a personal friend. My room is comfortable, quiet (and that's a big deal to me when I'm staying in a busy city like Charlotte!), and has everything I need for a relaxing stay after a tiring trip. Mattress is a dream to sleep on, nice large TVs (in my suite, there is one in the bedroom area and another one in the sitting area), plentiful towels in bathroom, etc. Continental breakfast is impressive, and it's FREE!
When staying in a hotel, clealiness and comfort are my main "wants," but the front desk staff being so courteous and helpful has truly spoiled me. You don't find this in many hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business