Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
The Ivey's Hotel(Charlotte)
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewscaffe sienafront deskrooftop poolwithin walking distanceparking garagehotel restaurantstreet noiselocation is greatbeds were comfortablelight railstaff was friendlybusiness tripthe room was nicejjsinkvaletwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I came to this hotel while on business. As soon as I went to the desk to check in, I seemed as if I was such an inconvienence. The front desk staff was SO RUDE and rushed me through the whole check in process. I called down to ask a couple questions, in my midsentence, the girl at the front desk started yelling at someone in the lobby about something in her personal life, not even listening to me talk. Then she got back on the phone and said "now what?", I travel a lot and that is NOT acceptable! I called back down asking for a toothbrush, it took 45 minutes for them to bring me one, I would have went down and got it myself if I wasn't already in my pajamas. They rip you off for parking and everything! The Crowne Plaza right down the street only charges $6.00 to park, this Holiday Inn charged me $14 a day, RIDICULOUS. When I asked for food recommendations she girl laughed at me because she said there was stuff all around, i know that, my question was WHAT DO THEY RECOMMEND. I am not going to walk around Charlotte by myself as a woman. I will never return, the service is terrible! I will say one good thing, housekeeping is wonderful! My room stayed spotless!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank MCMS13
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My Husband and I reserved a room block at the Holiday Inn Center City for our wedding guests as well as ourselves for the wedding night. We were having our reception at a local venue along the Charlotte Light Rail and wanted guests to be able leave the reception and easily get to the hotel and/or go out on the town for the rest of the night. In addition, we rented a suite at the hotel to get ready in for the wedding. The staff at the hotel was AMAZING! After getting ready we wanted to use some areas of the hotel for pictures and the staff was great about helping us access these rooms. In addition, they allowed us to use the rooftop to take additional night time photos. They also made sure all of our guests received their out of town gift bags when they checked in. All of the rooms have been renovated and are extremely clean. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone looking for a room block or just a nice place to stay in Charlotte!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Our visit was a mixture of business and pleasure, with our families joining while we put on an event at the ImaginOn children's library/theater which is just moments away from the hotel. We hosted a post-event reception at this very upscale Holiday Inn, and were fortunate to get an upgrade to the Concierge Lounge which is a most beautiful and modern space with stunning hardwood floors. The catering -- chocolate fountain and all was great. The food at the hotel restaurant in general is really good. And the hotel accomodations are so much more than you would expect. Some in our group stayed at the Marriott to use points and they commented that the Holiday Inn was better (as did my husband who has stayed at both).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I personally want to thank Mr. Vineet Nayyar for his professional welcome as myself and my colleagues from Bank of America had begun our stay at the Holiday Inn. He greeted us with assurance of providing us with his business card to contact him for any assistance. Unknowingly to myself at the time, a couple from our group needed special care for their needs and they were immediately address and care for promptly. Our week stay at the establishment was top notch and I believe the credit goes to great Management. Thank you again Vineet for inspiring your team to strive for the Best! Stephanie Darnal

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank stephanie_darnal
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Not sure if I’d return to this one. The location of the hotel itself is great; it is within walking distance to most everything in downtown Charlotte, but the rooms left a little to be desired.

We were put into a room that was too close to the noisy elevators for my taste so they graciously moved us. The next room, however, had an odor about it that was not pleasant and in fact, I slept with the sheet over my head to try to fend off the funk. I had a sore throat for two days afterwards.

The bathroom is also a little sketchy. The light flickered for a good ten seconds every time you turned it on (hello prison-cell bathroom!) and the sink is outside of the toilet/tub area…which was a little bizarre. You couldn’t just go into the bathroom and take care of biz – you had to walk back into the room to brush your teeth, do your makeup and hair, etc., so if someone was trying to sleep in they’d better be a heavy sleeper! There was also very little counter space by the sink.

The self-parking was $14/day and it was a tad confusing at first. It is what I would call self-parking but they will valet it for you (no additional charge for valet, other than the $14). The parking garage is next to the hotel so if you forget something in the car it is close.

There is a café downstairs where we got coffee in the mornings and I saw a breakfast buffet in there (as well as a la carte options).

All in all though, I would look for other accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple