“No better place to stay Uptown Charlotte!”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #46 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 2, 2010

The Holiday Inn--Center City isn't just your average Holiday Inn. The location is priceless, within walking distance of any bar worth going to and just a short drive from the great shopping that the Charlotte Malls are known for! My boyfriend and I stayed here last year, saw the AMAZING rooftop terrace....and that's where we'll be having our wedding next summer! Again, it doesn't get better than the Holiday Inn in Center City...the service was excellent, the rooms were clean, and again..location, location, location!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Everything was wonderful. It actually gave us the feeling of being “away” without going far.
The staff was very polite and accommodating.
Thank you for helping me make this event a success. I will definitely reach out to you with any future events.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2010

The overall experience was great because of the people and management team

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2010

The Holiday Inn Charlotte Center was the perfect location for our group of 12. Everyone was pleased with the good service, friendly front desk clerks, charming rooms and most of all, the comfortable beds. Several commented on what a good night's sleep they had.

The hotel was very tastefully decorated, modern (for an older hotel) and quiet. It was also very convenient with many downtown restaurants only a block or two away. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. Everything about our visit was great. The reason I am writing this review is to thank Kathy McNair and the housekeeper (I do not know his/her name) that clean my room on February 20. I left my debt card in the room when I checked out. I called Housekeeping that night and spoke to Kathy McNair. Kathy said the housekeeper had turned in the card. Kathy said she would mail it to me on Monday. I received the card. I want to thank both of them very much for their honesty.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in center city for Rich and Benett's pub crawl for St. Patricks Day. Although the hotel was in a great spot and everything was within walking distance, there were many things that were not so great. As soon as we pulled in to park at the garage the vallet guy asked us if we needed any assistance with our bags or needed vallet parking. We said no then the vallet guy said that we would have our parking validated when we checked in. So we continued on into the garage to park. Normally when you park into a garage you take the elevator/stairs down and usually you're very close to the entrance of the hotel. NOPE not in this case. We took the elevator only to be dropped off down the street!! So we had to walk about a half a mile with our luggage to the front desk. Then, we checked in....the hotel staff greeted us and the lobby was phenominal looking with all the modern decor. The front desk lady who checked us in menitoned that the parking will be an additional $14 per day!!! WHO PAYS FOR PARKING AT A HOTEL??? And at $14 a day??? I can see $5 or even $10 but $14??? Didn't see that on the website by the way. Oh and also, the website says that there are mini fridges in the rooms - there's not. When we asked about them the staff said that we could RENT one for $15 extra dollars!!! So we get up to our room which was very nice except for the T.V. (it was from 1992) but everything else was nice. When you turned the water on at the sink there was a horrible sulfur smell. We had to use bottled water to brush our teeth it was so bad. After a long night of partying we found ourselves awake at the crack of dawn because the sun was shining right through our room. There was no curtains to block the early morning sun so that was a bit inconvenient! And to wrap it all up.....the fire alarm went off at 4 am and we all had to exit down 10+ flights of stairs.....nice! My friends and I will not be staying at this hotel next year.....we'll be looking into the Omni instead. One good note though....the lounge/restarant area was awesome! Best part of the hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank adairms
nayyarv, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive review of your recent stay. We pride ourselves on both exceptional service and a superior product. I do apologize that the parking fees were not explained in detail upon your arrival to the entrance of the hotel. Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Center City does not own the parking garage, however are provided a discount for the use of our hotel guests. I will certainly review our hotel brand website to ensure this fee is listed as well as only our suites offering a microwave and refrigerator combination. For the safety of our guests we do require that everyone evacuate the building once the fire alarm has been sounded. I am sorry that you did not have a favorable experience during this particular weekend. I can assure you however that your comments have been communicated to all levels of associates within the hotel to ensure we continue to strive to make improvements in our service. Thank you again.

Stacey Schroeder-Bacsi
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My sister, her daughter, & I just returned from a shopping trip to Charlotte. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City. Loved the location—right downtown. The room was small but clean. Beds were very comfortable. Lots of places to eat around hotel. Had buffet breakfast at their restaurant. It was good.
Pros: convenient location, comfortable beds, nice restaurant
Cons: very small room, no microwave or refrigerator, sink was outside of bathroom, ad said beautiful views of the Charlotte skyline-we saw nothing but the outside of the hi-rise building right in front of our room, $14.00 a night parking should be included in room rate

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family