“Don't try to split the bill”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't try to split the bill”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went here for a conference, and shared my room with two friends. Our four-night stay went fine, but when we asked to split the bill three ways we encountered a whole lot of attitude. Our request was unreasonable. Then we were told it was impossible. We refused to take no for an answer and, what do you know, five minutes later our bill had been split three ways. If it weren't for that one woman who lied to us because she didn't feel like doing her job, I would have given this place at least one more star. Oh well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SandranaCha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear SandranaCha,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here 2 times this past year, very nice. Staff very helpful, the brunch in the lobby restaurant is great and in the evening it becomes an inviting bar for all.

Pool and hot tub on the roof allows for amazing views of the city and the fitness center is well equipped. Close to the Time Warner Arena and many other attractions in downtown Charlotte. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone young and older.

Room Tip: Any room is a great choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Golee150,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experiences at our hotel with others. We look forward to your return trips to Charlotte & of course being our guest again!!
Wales, UK.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything is by and large fine with this hotel except, and it's a big except at the price point, the bedroom AC is shocking.

In our room it was an attachment to the radiator next to the window and right next the bed.

Cold air would pump out loudly every 10 mins, cooling the room. Then the room would warm to 'too warm' before the contraption bellowed again.

Sleeping isn't easy!

At this price it should be better. Sorry HI - and that's coming from a platinum IHG member.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear tywitops,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We regret your stay was negatively impacted by the unusual condition of the air conditioning system in your room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had a 5 night reservation booked. I called simply to change the date of my arrival to a later one and cancel one day of my reservation. The reservation representative I spoke with was very rude and condescending. If the other area hotels were not booked because of a convention, I would have certainly cancelled and stayed elsewhere. I definitely will not stay at this property again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelBishop
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear TravelBishop,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we regret we were not able to exceed your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Ossining, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

So when I found out my business trip had us booked at the Holiday Inn I was a little trepedatious. The staff was really helpful when checking in - they even had a room ready early, and gave me an extra hour at checkout. As I got up to the 12th floor I realized that my room was right accross from the elevators I was terrified I wouldn't sleep at all. I have to say, I didn't hear anything from the hall any of the three nights we stayed. Very centrally located and easily walkable to the rest of the city, the pool was fantastic. Breakfast and the cocktail hours were equally good. The only thing I would have liked was a quiter air conditioner (I kept having to turn it off to fall asleep).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Hazel2145,

We love to hear that was have exceeded our guests expectations and it appears we didn't fall short with your visit! Thank you for sharing your experience with others and my staff truly appreciates the positive feedback and recognition. We hope your business travels will bring you back to Charlotte and to our hotel again!
RI
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I can not say enough about the front deck at this hotel. From J.J. and the rest of the front desk (sorry I did not write down your names) I never walked by with out someone saying hello to me or my family. The only thing they need a little help with ( no big problem ) was house keeping. We asked for a blanket on our first night and towels for the pool on our last night ( the pool towels were empty by the pool and hot tub) and never received them. That was the only thing I could think of. The next time we travel to N.C. we will be staying there, no other hotel will do. Great job to all.

Room Tip: when making a rev just ask to be located away from the epicenter. They sometimes have bands there an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnUptown, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear CarlPecc,

We love JJ too!! Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that Housekeeping fell short of exceeding your expectations and we will certainly do some research. We look forward to your return trip to Charlotte and being our guest once again!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a really pleasant stay at this hotel. Staff was really nice, rooms were spacious and clean and this hotel is near everything downtown Charlotte. The restaurant (cafe sienna) of the hotel is really good and affordable. Another good point: a good breakfast and cocktail/appetizer are included. Will come back.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear EmilieG,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive review about our hotel with others. Caffe Siena serves great food and it's always good to hear such great feedback. Thank you again.