“Unbelievable”

Ranked #47 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Athens, Georgia
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is one of a kind. Literally. There is no other Holiday Inn like it. I have stayed at many before and have always been disppointed. This hotel has changed my mind. The staff and rooms should be standard for all Holiday Inns. The staff and management should be proud to work for such a cutting edge company. The restaurant on site is also pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed at the holiday inn for the Justin bieber.. When we arrived we were treated like royalty.. Nick and JJ gave us southern hospitality at its finest. The rooms are clean and the location is perfect.. Would recommend it to anyone going to charlotte

• Stayed January 2013
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Holiday Inn in D/T Charlottel looks good but is missing a few of the basics for what is being charged. no safe , no fridge . the room looks good though and is clean.I was very disappointed with my week stay. It's one of the noisiest places I have ever stayed. Between the street noise through the window to the late nite bar noise and bass vibration I will never come back.I have been here a week for a course I am attending but will not return to Charlotte to attend again if they keep this venue. I was moved from the 4th to the 6 floor but no improvement. Once bitten , twice shy I guess,

Room Tip: Stay away from the street.
2 Thank Randy L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Randy L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to know that you have noticed the cleanliness of the room. On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the noise during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC area
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The on-line pictures of this hotels' exterior are somewhat deceiving. Being my first time to Charlotte, I didn't know what to expect. We had several disappointments concerning this hotel:
1) When we entered the area for on-loading, no directional signs were posted; in addition, 3 parking spaces which appeared to be for onloading where coned off
2) Lobby is not very welcoming. It gives the impression of a Holiday Inn Express that is somewhat outdated
3) Our window faced a roof-top - totally unappealing to look at for 5-days (here on business)
4) Other reviewers noted displeasure with the sink area and its location; i totally agree. While an very modern sink, it limits the amount of bathroom counter space and its location in the room is awkward;
5) The physical layout of these rooms suck! I'm sorry that I couldn't be more positive.
I definitely would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely request not to be on the roof top side if you are on the 8th floor or above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear MsmoDMV,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Charlotte, NC.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Easton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice affordable hotel right in the middle of town. Breakfast is pretty good and the buffet good also. The valet parking was quick and efficient.
The sinks in the rooms are a bit too large and take up too much space in a room that is not that big to begin with.

Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at many different hotels all over the country. I will have to say that the hospitality I experienced at this hotel is far beyond any hotel I have EVER stayed at. From the moment you pull up, the car attendant and the bell hop make you feel like you just got home and they are there to help you unpack. No stuffy, cookie-cutter, employees here. Everyone is relaxed and being themselves and happy to help you in every way. Nick and JJ greeted us at the desk and they were both simply charming. All the employees were very helpful to us as we were visiting the city for the first time needed help finding our way around. This is not your typical Holiday Inn. Very upscale. The building is historical so the rooms are smaller. The double room is two small double beds. However, my daughter and I had no problem sharing a bed. The counter area around the sink is limited. The shower was perfect. Beds were very comfy. Within walking distance of many restaurants and entertainment. A brisk 4 block walk with have you straight to the convention center. Beautiful fountains and statues along the way. If you aren't up for the walk the hotel has a complimentary shuttle that runs everyday but Sunday.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls and away from the elevator would have less noise. Odd numbered rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wilson, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel really cares! We were in town for the American Bus Association Convention. We were treated like friends, not guests. The front desk staff (JJ & Elizabeth specifically) were EXCELLENT! They really "get it" and want the guest experience to be memorable. John in the restaurant was also top shelf. He remembered my name from day one and made me feel like his friend! Took time to talk (even though he was busy) and just was terrific. All in all, one great week away from home (feeling like I belonged!)

Room Tip: High floors seem less noisey (from what others have told me)