“Would return in an instant:”

Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel
Ranked #92 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable, quiet and easy to find. The bed was comfortable, the staff was more than helpful. This hotel serves a full breakfast from bacon and eggs, to waffles and yogurt. It was more than I expected and well worth the money. There are many restaurants right around the hotel location as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sande R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your review, we know you are busy and appreciate you taking time for us. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We stay here several times a year and they are always consistent and pleasant. The area is convenient to everything we need while in the Charlotte Metro Area. We stay at this hotel at least three times per year and always have a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sande R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave us a review. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had come to NC for business and stayed at this hotel for a day as it was close to the airport ( around 15 min drive). I couldnt get a chance to try the free continental breakfast as it starts at 5:30 am ( to 8:30 am) and I had to leave the hotel that morning at 5 am to catch my flight.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Staff was excellent. They were very courtious and professional. Breakfast included eggs and meat with assorted danishes. The room was clean with average comfort. Bathrooms were a little old and water pressure could be better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We know you are busy and would like to thank you for taking time out to leave a review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Charlotte Matthews area.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while visiting for a friends wedding. Overall the hotel was nice, close to stores and chain restaurants. For the price and breakfast includes it was a great deal. My only complaint is that I booked a non smoking room and when I got the room it had a smoke smell when the ac was off. I assumed that it used to be a smoking hotel and the scent was still lingering so I didn't complain. Plus I wasn't staying in the room except to sleep since I was visiting friends. The second night which was my last night, I realized all of the other rooms had a nonsmoking sign on the door, all but mine and friends of mine who were next door. I would have assumed the front desk clerk would've asked if we were smokers before placing us in that room.

I would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. If there is ever a problem with your room, please let us know so we can take care of it, we want your stay with us to be a pleasurable one. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western, Matthews. The location is great, within walking distance of many restaurants/shopping. Staff were nice and courteous and always available for assistance. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank hdgs72

Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you again he next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I would never recommend this hotel unless they do some major updating.

We requested NON Smoking rooms and when we arrived were told they only had smoking left. The smell of smoke was so bad it took your breath away. My daughter, who has asthma, hadn't arrived yet. I called to the front desk and told the girl that I needed a NON smoking room for her. They had just had a cancellation so they had a non smoking room available. My husband stopped at the front desk after gassing up our van and asked if they could find a non smoking room. Another cancellation had just come in so we were moved as well. It was lucky that the 2 rooms became available as my husband was about to ask for a refund and look for another place to stay. The girl and the front desk did a terrific job of finding the rooms and I must mention our appreciation for her efforts.

I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. I could have stayed at a less expensive chain and would have had a better experience. It is in need of a huge facelift and the smoking rooms have got to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mamandragon

Thank you for for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Montclaire South
Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel? Share your experiences!