“Wonderful Room”

Ranked #90 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Georgia
“Wonderful Room”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We arrived late at about 10pm. Front desk person was very nice. Speedy check in. Room was nicer than expected. Beds were very comfortable and the room was really nice. Plenty of pillows. Very clean. Bathroom was clean and nice also. Continental breakfast was good and a good variety. The person cleaning the dining area and closing up, came to us and asked did we want anything else before she put it up! That has never happened before. Would use this Best Western again if ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sande R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your review, I am the new Guest Relations Manager and am working hard to respond to all of our guests comments. We appreciate your business and hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is easily accessible at the intersection of Sardis and Independence, and next door to a Chili's restaurant. I think the price is too high for the premises. The free breakfast was a bit paltry, served on styrofoam and mostly carbs (waffles, bread, muffins). The hotel was quiet, clean, and safe, though the beds were a bit stiff. Free parking, WIFI, and cable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drdober
Thank you for your review. We have upgraded our breakfast and have added many different choices. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you return to our property!
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location, convenient to all surrounding area (have family in Gastonia), good shopping nearby, room was clean but bathroom did not have vent fan and shower pressure not to great,
otherwise all good. Breakfast great for grandkids. Front desk staff very helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy G
I apologize for the delay in this reply, I am the new Guest Relations Manager and I am working on catching up on all of our reviews. Thank you so much for your kind words. I have checked with our Maintenance Department concerning the issue with the water pressure and that was fixed after your departure. I hope that you will come back and see us the next time you are in the Charlotte Matthews area.
Matthews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed here for a wedding. There was wonderful attention given to some details that was impressive to me. First of all, I called the day before requesting an early check-in, so I could get ready for the wedding. When I called again in the morning as they said to do, The front desk manager Sandy remembered me and said my room was ready - 7 hrs. early!! After check-in, another front desk employee Katie called my room to see if everything was OK. cleaning service was quick also. The bedding, bed, and pillows were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Thanks so much for making this wedding trip stress free!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cierra B
Sande R, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I'm so happy to hear we made your stay a pleasant one. We do our best to to honor all of our guests special request. I'm glad we were able to help you out. Please stop in and see us again if you are in the Charlotte/Matthews area.
davie fl
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Good location in retail district. Room clean non smoking. Staff vey sweet. Breakfast just ok and was disappointed there was no pool. Most hotels in that neighboorhood have pools. Breakfast. Oils use 2 waffles iron as there was a bit of a scrum trying to get a waffle

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank katee8
Thank you very much for staying with us! We have recently upgraded our breakfast and have added several new items. We hope to see you again.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had to stay in the Matthews area last May for about a week and I had a very good stay at this hotel. The staff at the hotel front desk were friendly and knowledgeable about area , the room was clean, the morning breakfast was good, and overall I had a very pleasant stay. Because I stayed at the hotel for a week the only thing I could to improve would be the TV it was definitely an older model that could have used being replaced. I definitely enjoyed my stay, which is why I scheduled to stay with them for another week this August when I was back in town for business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Keith A
Thank you very much for staying with us. We have just completed upgrading all of our TV's to 42" flat screens. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Montclaire South
Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel? Share your experiences!