“Would Not Hesitate to Stay Again!”

Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #104 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn on May 1, 2013. We parked our car in their pakring lot for the week and took the 4:30 AM shuttle to the airport for an early international flight. The shuttle was prompt! The staff was very courteous. I booked the room by calling the hotel directly. I found the woman that I talked with over the phone extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel is a smaller, older property that has been completely renovated. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable. I did not notice any unpleasant smells in the room. The hotel has been repaiinted and has brand new carpet, etc. The area around the hotel looked safe. We walked to the Omaha Steak House, which is located within the Embassy Suites hotel, and very close to the Sleep Inn. The Omaha Steak House had a litlle bar area inside and you could order drinks and eat there if you didn't want to eat in the restaurant. I think there was a sports bar across the street on S. Tryon that also was within walking distance from the hotel, and many other places to eat if you wanted to take your car.
I was impressed by the shuttle service. The people were so nice. The woman that picked us up on May 9, 2013 welcomed us back to the US and promptly took us to our car. She actually recognized our car in the parking lot and I took this as a good sign. It meant that our car was being watched by the hotel staff. I would not hesitate to leave it there again. Be sure to write down the hotel phone number. When we went to the kiosk at the airport to contact the hotel, we did not see the number for Sleep Inn on the list. Perhaps this was an oversight on our part. We still had our receipt from the hotel with the phone number on it. So we just called the hotel directly and the shuttle came within 15 minutes. Go out to Section D at the airport, where it says shuttle service, and stand there to wait for the Sleep Inn Shuttle Service to pick you up.
We would definately stayat the Sleep Inn again. It was a good value, clean, safe and the staff was pleasant! Since it is such a popular place, we would recommend that you come early so that you can get a good parking spot in front of the office!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank South_Carolina_Crew
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your gracious comments. We strive to provide our guests with the best service possible and really do appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Certain hotels give me the creeps and this is one of them. The smells...the sounds...the way boards creak in the hallway. This hotel has all of that in abundance. There are many other hotels in the area, so you really have no excuse for staying here.

Room Tip: Find another option
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnCarlos2000
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am very surprised by your comments. We have never received any complaints pertaining to the issues you mentioned and cannot find where you raised any of this with our personnel. I would be happy to further discuss this with you if you will.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here by accident on my last business trip and enjoyed my stay. Its simple but very friendly and has everything I need. This time was just as good and consistent with my expectations for a budget property. Good location and great staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

pleasant place; nothing special. We just spent the night after a meeting. A little noisy. People were all nice. Breakfast enough for us; about the same as all of that style of hotel. Everything clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I picked Sleep Inn because I have had good experiences with Choice Hotels. The room was clean and up to date. I was able to check in early and the front desk attendant was very polite. The hotel is located in a quiet area but not too far from the Time Warner Arena. I stayed here because I performed at he Bobcats/Pistons halftime show with my Zumba friends. We rocked!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mstonya
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn February 19, 2013. We had an early international flight the following morning. We had made on-line reservations for the motel and also planned to leave our care there for two weeks while out of town. Check-in went smoothly, and as requested we had a non-smoking room. After making arrangements for leaving our car (no fee!) and the early (5:30 am) shuttle we were set. The room was clean, spacious and the WI-FI worked well. The shuttle was on time. Continental breakfast was adequate, mainly for coffe and hot tea to get us rolling. On the return trip, we arrived close to 10PM, called for the shuttle and were met about 15 minutes later. We opted to drive home that evening, mainly due to work commitments. Otherwise would have gladly crashed here again! The parking is well lit and near other hotels, so we weren't hesitant to park here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hamhed
slclt, General Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Sleep Inn.
I truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was travelling from NYC to Gainesville, FL, but inclement weather made it necessary to stay in Charlotte overnight—something I hadn’t originally planned.

Being a female traveler in a new city, I was hopeful that I’d find a comfortable place to stay for the night. I must say, the staff at this Sleep Inn is excellent, and made me feel right at home. Everybody, from Karen who picked me up from the airport, to Mohamed, who checked me in for the night, to Jameral at the front desk the next morning, was extremely kind and helpful. Mohamed especially made sure that I was on the correct shuttle in the morning and that I had everything I needed for a pleasant stay.

That night might have been a total disaster, but thanks to the Sleep Inn staff, it actually ended up being a really pleasant/ quiet night away by myself. The only reason this doesn't get a full 5 stars is due to the comfortability of the room. While the room was extremely clean, it was definitely of budget quality-- the sheets were scratchy, the lighting was fluorescent, and there was no tub. But for a discount rate-- it more than exceeded the value!!

Thanks very much for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo