“Great place to stay”

Ranked #88 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Douglas, Wyoming
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was hefotolife attend the Democratic National Convention. The staff went out of thei way to accommodate our needs The rooms were comfortable. Breakfast was good. I would definitely stay her again. There is a great restaurant across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2012

So the price I got this time was irresistible and someone told me that they did some upgrades to the property so I booked a room for 2 nights. When I showed up I could see they changed the flooring and painted and it looked more delightful than I remember from the last time. I stayed on the ground floor this time around and the room was average to me. I had no complaints. I could deal with this property for a few days. I really like the staff here. They remembered me from the last time and kept me laughing while I was there for the few days. I would recommend this location for short stays if the price is right. You may like it or you may not. It took me a little while to get used to the Sleep inn setup.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 247HardWorker
Clayton, NC
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here while in Charlotte for a meeting. First impressions were not good. The desk clerk was busy on the phone taking a reservation and didn't bother to acknowledge me standing there.

The lobby and breakfast room are being renovated and are a mess. The workers had left bottles of water and various equipment in the hallway/stairwell. Not professional at all. I passed on the breakfast as I didn't really want to eat it while surrounded by construction debris and dust.

I really wish that their web site had alerted me to the renovations.

The room was clean, nice sized and in pretty good shape. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
slclt, General Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Apologies for the construction. Signs were posted everywhere to inform guests of our exciting Lobby Refresh. Unfortunately, like with all renovations, there is bound to be some dust and debris during the process. This did not impact breakfast since work never resumed till after breakfast was over.
West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The reviews for this hotel were a little mixed but we decided we would take a chance on it. WHen we arrived, the lobby was in the process of being refurbished, but this wasn't really a problem. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Beds were very good and provided us with a good night's sleep. Having stayed there I really can't understand the negative comments that other visitors have posted as the overall experience was excellent. Breakfast was a little uninspiring but at least there was some degree of choice available. Another reviewer commented on the problem they experienced with the sliding door on the washroom, and this seemed to be a trivial thing to me when I read it, but they are right. The problem is that the doors are heavy and don't have a proper handle which makes opening and closing extremely difficult. This is something that the management should address, as for older/infirm people, this could be a hugely significant matter. We really liked the hotel and would recommend it highly. Very convenient for the Interstate and for a wide choice of restaurants in the vicinity. It was really good value for money, which has been my experience with Sleep Inns in the past. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jambomackem
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for two days,the room was clean, breakfast was not good
the coffee was not fresh,and very watery.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank maria945
Kitchener, ON
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here after having a difficult time catching a missed flight due to some bad weather at my destination. First off I'm thankful they have shuttle service to and from the airport so I didnt have to worry about a cab. The hotel was nice. Knowing that Sleep Inn is a budget brand I didnt expect it to be like the Ritz Carolton when I walked in. The staff was amazing! Super helpful in helping me get situated and helping me get around the city that night. The room is fine. I see on here that people have complained about cigarette smoke but that was not my experience. My room smelt fine and I didnt have any issues. They arent soundproof. You can hear people opening and closing doors, but it was a Saturday night and this hotel seemed almost completely full. The hotel is very close to the city. I ventured to downtown to check out how Charlotte is. All in all I would say my stay was great. Great service, which means a lot to me, rooms were fine, close to the city, airport shuttle service, free wifi, and a great breakfast. If Im ever in Charlotte again then I would probably stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jacob B
Columbia, SC
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family stopped here on Friday night, April 13, 2012 after an eight-hour road trip from spring break vacation in Williamsburg, VA, for my son's flight back to NYC on Saturday morning. As always, I requested a non-smoking room, and twice confirmed with the nightr clerk that it was a non-smoking room. When we entered the hotel's side entrance door with our luggage in tow, we were immediately engulfed in a sea of cigarette smoke. Holding our breaths, we made our way down the corridor to our room. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, and it was coming through the door, the ceiling and the walls (another Tripadvisor member, Supercat912 also had this same experience). It was late, we were exhausted, and the flight was early. We didn't sleep well, and we all had headaches in the morning. Needless to say, it was a horrible experience, and we will never stay here again. And, we will share this experience, since we live in Columbia, SC, and many of our friends and business colleagues (all non-smokers) use the Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. Sadly, the hotel room itself was quite nice and clean. Bottom line: this hotel is a smoker's paradise and a non-smoker's nightmare.

Room Tip: Stay away if you are a non-smoker.