“Disappointed!”

Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #104 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here while in Charlotte for a meeting. First impressions were not good. The desk clerk was busy on the phone taking a reservation and didn't bother to acknowledge me standing there.

The lobby and breakfast room are being renovated and are a mess. The workers had left bottles of water and various equipment in the hallway/stairwell. Not professional at all. I passed on the breakfast as I didn't really want to eat it while surrounded by construction debris and dust.

I really wish that their web site had alerted me to the renovations.

The room was clean, nice sized and in pretty good shape. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
slclt, General Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Apologies for the construction. Signs were posted everywhere to inform guests of our exciting Lobby Refresh. Unfortunately, like with all renovations, there is bound to be some dust and debris during the process. This did not impact breakfast since work never resumed till after breakfast was over.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The reviews for this hotel were a little mixed but we decided we would take a chance on it. WHen we arrived, the lobby was in the process of being refurbished, but this wasn't really a problem. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Beds were very good and provided us with a good night's sleep. Having stayed there I really can't understand the negative comments that other visitors have posted as the overall experience was excellent. Breakfast was a little uninspiring but at least there was some degree of choice available. Another reviewer commented on the problem they experienced with the sliding door on the washroom, and this seemed to be a trivial thing to me when I read it, but they are right. The problem is that the doors are heavy and don't have a proper handle which makes opening and closing extremely difficult. This is something that the management should address, as for older/infirm people, this could be a hugely significant matter. We really liked the hotel and would recommend it highly. Very convenient for the Interstate and for a wide choice of restaurants in the vicinity. It was really good value for money, which has been my experience with Sleep Inns in the past. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jambomackem
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for two days,the room was clean, breakfast was not good
the coffee was not fresh,and very watery.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maria945
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here after having a difficult time catching a missed flight due to some bad weather at my destination. First off I'm thankful they have shuttle service to and from the airport so I didnt have to worry about a cab. The hotel was nice. Knowing that Sleep Inn is a budget brand I didnt expect it to be like the Ritz Carolton when I walked in. The staff was amazing! Super helpful in helping me get situated and helping me get around the city that night. The room is fine. I see on here that people have complained about cigarette smoke but that was not my experience. My room smelt fine and I didnt have any issues. They arent soundproof. You can hear people opening and closing doors, but it was a Saturday night and this hotel seemed almost completely full. The hotel is very close to the city. I ventured to downtown to check out how Charlotte is. All in all I would say my stay was great. Great service, which means a lot to me, rooms were fine, close to the city, airport shuttle service, free wifi, and a great breakfast. If Im ever in Charlotte again then I would probably stay at this location again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jacob B
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family stopped here on Friday night, April 13, 2012 after an eight-hour road trip from spring break vacation in Williamsburg, VA, for my son's flight back to NYC on Saturday morning. As always, I requested a non-smoking room, and twice confirmed with the nightr clerk that it was a non-smoking room. When we entered the hotel's side entrance door with our luggage in tow, we were immediately engulfed in a sea of cigarette smoke. Holding our breaths, we made our way down the corridor to our room. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, and it was coming through the door, the ceiling and the walls (another Tripadvisor member, Supercat912 also had this same experience). It was late, we were exhausted, and the flight was early. We didn't sleep well, and we all had headaches in the morning. Needless to say, it was a horrible experience, and we will never stay here again. And, we will share this experience, since we live in Columbia, SC, and many of our friends and business colleagues (all non-smokers) use the Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. Sadly, the hotel room itself was quite nice and clean. Bottom line: this hotel is a smoker's paradise and a non-smoker's nightmare.

Room Tip: Stay away if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PalmettoPride
slclt, Manager at Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and "freshness" of our facility; however, we do have some rooms on the first floor that are smoking rooms and if coming in late at night, the smoke smell will prevail by these rooms. Our 2nd and 3rd floors are totally smoke free!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This place was just average to me. The staff was nice but it just has a depressing kind of feel to it. My room was clean but I really did not like it. It was just not for me. I am not saying you shouldn't stay here but if you are planning on staying long term I might look somewhere else if I were you. I don't plan on coming back here unless the price is irresistible.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a very nice clean hotel, however, do not get a room near the stairs because the door to the stairs is noisy when it is opened and closed. You can also hear the doors to the adjacent rooms opening and closing and the showers being used in the adjacent rooms. My room had a bathroom with a new walk in shower and a pocket door to the bathroom that you pull out for privacy. The sink was outside the bathroom. The room had a small clean refrigerator and clean microwave but no table for dining so I ate at the desk area. The light around the bed is an overhead florescent tube fixture and there are no table lamps on the bedside. There was a convenient electrical outlet near the bed for computer use and the internet was fast and I could stream netflix movies. The room is small but adequate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business