“Unbeatable Value and Comfort!”

Ranked #78 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Watauga, Tennessee
“Unbeatable Value and Comfort!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This This room was booked because of location and value, but the room was fantastic! The huge shower was a treat. The beds were super comfy. I found myself not wanting to leave. The staff was great and the breakfast bar was beyond adequate. Thanks for a relaxing stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte.
I really appreciate your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on future trips. If you would like in the future we can even extend your check out time until 1pm.
Sam Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The price was nice, even better if you have AAA. The rooms were nice & clean, (I don't like the sink being outside of the bathroom). The staff was nice & helpful. Breakfast was cool (it was free). The location was ok but you have to drive if you want to go downtown.

• Stayed July 2013
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte!
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and really appreciate your review. Thank you for commenting on our great value and I'm glad you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. We hope you will stay with us on future trips.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I booked rooms at the Sleep Inn at the last minute due to a family emergency. Booking through the Choice Hotel web site was confusing me but as soon as I called the hotel and talked to Brittany all was well. Upon arrival, Brittany was still on duty and welcomed us to the establishment and check in was quick. The rooms are rather small but they are clean and comfortable. I slept like a rock on their beds. The breakfast is the usual for this class of establish and nothing spectacular but their coffee was delicious. There is a Shoney's and Popeye's chicken right next door, so you can always choose other places to eat. All in all a great little find and I would stay again if I needed to be in the area. It is very close to Carolina Medical University Hospital too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with this review! We strive everyday to have the friendliest staff and offer the best accomodations. I appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!
New York City
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Based on our experience at the property, we were vey pleased overall. Granted, this was a limited service property, however, we were surprised with what it offered.
Starting with check-in, the staff was very friendly and had genuine smiles. The girl who checked us in could have used more training though as she constantly had to ask her associate questions on what seemed simple to me. It wouldn't have bothered me so much, but after a 13 hour drive we were anxious to get to our room. To that end, they were kind enough to give us an early check in.
The room kind of reminded me of a cruise ship cabin, in a good way. The room was small, but efficiently planned and very clean. It had a coffee maker, a flat screen TV and we had access to free wifi. The room only had a shower which was fine with us. However, the shower, although having a massage, was low flow. I give them points for being environmentaly responsible, but take away a couple of points for the lack of pressure. Sorry.
A big plus for the room was the comfortable bed and pillows. Although I was exhausted and could've slept on a rock, thankfully that wasn't the experience we got.
Some other amenities that were available, but we couldn't make use of was the outdoor pool (small but serviceable) and the breakfast (had no time). If you were looking for a place to eat, you could easily walk to the Bojangles or Shoney's on the same property.
Througout the day we had to ask questions and interact with the staff, and we were consistantly met with a friendly greeting and smile. That in itself is worth mentioning because so many larger and prestigious properties haven't gotten that down yet.
Bottom line: A good safe bet for quick stopover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte!
I really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with your review. Thank you for commenting on our excellent customer service. We do have a new hire that we were training and I appologize for any delay at check in time. She is up to speed now.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on future trips!
Atlanta
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staff was welcoming and helpful. Location convenient to I-85 but not so close that it's loud and also in area with several restaurants. There are menus in lobby.
Room was small but stylish and had all you would need including a refrigerator. No tub in bath but cool shower. Bed was comfortable. Pool small and not too inviting as it's in the parking lot. Breakfast was nothing special but better than adequate. Breakfast area was kept neat but is not terribly inviting. Fine for eating and hitting the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate you sharing the experience on Trip Advisor. Since your stay I am happy to share that we have updated out breakfast items. We now offer fresh made scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon in addition to our waffles, yogurt, and fresh fruit.
I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Charlotte!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room is clean, inexpensive and decorated nicely. Hotel staff was extremely nice. I have a large 80lb dog that was welcomed at the front desk with dog food and treats! This place is very dog friendly! There is a nice patch of grass for dogs along the side of the hotel. Only a $25 one time fee for the dog. Hot breakfast in the morning. Overall, the room are above average but nothing super special, but what made me give this hotel 5 stars was the service and the outstanding welcome they gave my dog. This was a great place to stay for a stopover in Charlotte and I would definitely stay here again with my pup!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ocnmeg9
gmnc005, Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! It is great to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your review and we hope to see you on future trips!
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and inexpensive. Great location for visiting my daughter at unc charlotte. We only had one problem with toilet. Slow drainage and clogged frequently. Coffee always available. Not good if you are looking for quiet getaway. Very rarely in our room...perfect

• Stayed May 2013
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting your daughter at UNCC. We are one of the closest hotels to the campus so it couldn't be more convenient. We are working on adding more frills, and just this week added scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links to our free hot breakfast buffet! We hope to see you on future visits.
Thank you for writing this review, I really appreciate it.