“Great for dogs!”

Ranked #77 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great for dogs!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room is clean, inexpensive and decorated nicely. Hotel staff was extremely nice. I have a large 80lb dog that was welcomed at the front desk with dog food and treats! This place is very dog friendly! There is a nice patch of grass for dogs along the side of the hotel. Only a $25 one time fee for the dog. Hot breakfast in the morning. Overall, the room are above average but nothing super special, but what made me give this hotel 5 stars was the service and the outstanding welcome they gave my dog. This was a great place to stay for a stopover in Charlotte and I would definitely stay here again with my pup!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ocnmeg9
gmnc005, Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! It is great to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your review and we hope to see you on future trips!
Sleep Inn University Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and inexpensive. Great location for visiting my daughter at unc charlotte. We only had one problem with toilet. Slow drainage and clogged frequently. Coffee always available. Not good if you are looking for quiet getaway. Very rarely in our room...perfect

• Stayed May 2013
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting your daughter at UNCC. We are one of the closest hotels to the campus so it couldn't be more convenient. We are working on adding more frills, and just this week added scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links to our free hot breakfast buffet! We hope to see you on future visits.
Thank you for writing this review, I really appreciate it.
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The employees were nice and helpful. The breakfast was awesome. The rooms were extraordinary! We changed hotels after making the mistake of attempting to stay at the Ramada(worst hotel EVER!), which was the greatest change ever. If you want a hotel who has great service, great rooms, great breakfast, and a great location, I highly recommend this Sleep Inn.

• Stayed May 2013
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for such a great reveiw! I am so happy you checked out of that other hotel and stayed with us. I love to hear from guests and really appreciate your reveiw. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you next time you are in Charlotte!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am a retired hospitality industry employee from the Walt Disney World area & have NEVER had such a great experience. I have travelled from coast to coast & this hotel is TOPS! I have a medium sized dog & they only charged $25 for the entire week, other area hotels wanted as much as $150! The was VERY affordable and lower then most near the University. The room is very nice, the bed is very comfortable & my showerhead gives a great massage! Fresh coffee is available 24/7 & breakfast is MUCH better than many hotels where I have stayed. EVERY single staff member has been kind, courteous & goes over and above the standard set for their jobs. My Uhaul was blocked in by another guest who had left for the day but the MANAGER actually got in the truck and drove it out of the parking space for me this morning! I would give this hotel a rating of a million on a scale of 1-100! U will be doing yourself a favor when you visit Charlotte if you stay with these fantastic people!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your review. It was really nice getting to know you during your stay. I hope that your move went well and let us know if we can be of any help in the future.
Take care,
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had to book at the last minute due to a oversight with the basketball association. Was a little hesitant, but pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Staff was very nice and rooms were accommodating. Breakfast offered a variety of warm and cold items. Great location. Highlight for me............. The shower! Will recommend to our organization again as a hotel of choice ( no pun intended).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your 5 star review. I am happy to hear we were able to surprise you with our excellent accomodations and service. We hope to see you on future trips to Charlotte.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here last weekend because of its proximity to UNC-C graduation festivities and to shopping. I was traveling by myself and stayed in a room on the 5th floor. I was most impressed! I felt safe and I had a wonderful night's rest. Everything seemed new - the oversized oval shower, the flat screen TV, the coordinated linens, the framed prints, etc. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. The front desk was friendly and welcoming. The management of this property is obviously devoted to making sure their guests want to return and I do!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during you visit to Charlotte! We are the best value in the UNCC area. I really appreciate your review. It's great to hear that you slept well and enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you on future trips.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here last weekend due to the location and pricing. Close enough to the race track, yet, far enough away that pricing was not affected. Clean rooms, nice staff, and very close to everything else. Shoneys/Bojangles right in the same parking lot, around the corner from the shopping centers so you could even walk. Hot breakfast in the lobby if you prefer. 3 nights for under $225.00, hard to beat it these days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We are the best value in the area, especially for events at the race track.