“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, North Carolina
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel on sept 30 2012. It was one night stay, business trip. I check in late due to late arrival. For the price my room was great. Service was excellent. And the hotel is in a great location, with restaurants near by. Definitely positive experience over all.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while on town for business. I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. We hope to see you for future visits to Charlotte!
Sam Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My job entails traveling almost every week, every year, so I am familiar with almost every national hotel chain. My recent stay in Charlotte was my first at a Sleep Inn and frankly, I was amazed and pleased. I usually ask a lot of questions during my hotel stays re: where to get gas, recommended restaurants, the best/fastest roads to my client destinations, and where to food shop (I sometimes prefer to eat in my hotel room to maximize my time and keep costs in line). I received immediate and accurate info from the front desk staff and found them to be very pleasant. The breakfast hostess and the housekeepers were equally helpful and seemed to be happy to be working there. I ran into the hotel Manager and commented on these observations to him and found out that many of his staff had been there for years. That spoke volumes to me at a time when few businesses are able to retain good people, and it explained why the service was so good and the hotel so clean. My stay here had everything I needed for me to conduct business without worries: a comfortable bed, substantial breakfast, large flat screen TV, a micro-fridge combo, and even an oversized shower. All that plus truly nice people who appreciated me and never gave the impression I was bothering them. This will be my ongoing home away from home whenever I return to Charlotte. Overall, this is a fabulous value and really was an "excellent surprise."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was nice talking with you at checkout time. I really appreciate that you took the time to post your review. This area has so much to offer and we are always happy to help guests find their way around. We look forward to seeing you on future trips at your new home away from home.
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Excellent experience! Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Our room, though a bit on the small side, was extremely clean and modern looking. We had free Wi-Fi and a large screen LCD TV in our room. There was a microwave, mini fridge, iron, and ironing board in the room as well as a coffee maker but there wasn't much need for it as there was free coffee available in the lobby 24 hours. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious with loads of options-- fresh fruit, make-your-own belgian waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, packaged pastries, donuts, yogurt, dry cereal... basically a whole load of options! For less than $70 a night it was more than a fantastic deal.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate that you took the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Staff so friendly and accomodating!! Clean, pretty rooms!! Great breakfast and amazing pool!! Went there on business and it felt like a vacation! Hot, cozy showers and hot fresh coffee all day!! Will be back to stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and took some time to relax while here on business. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

the room was small and the bathroom was big and easily accessible for wheelchairs. we were in a handicapped room so i dont know what the regular rooms are like. we had a microwave, a small fridge, an iron and board and a cabinet to hang clothes. the staff was very nice and the location was close to the verizon amphitheatre, buffalo wild wings and the speedway. the bed was comfy. the ice machine was out on our floor, but the staff was aware of this. will def book again when we are in charlotte for a concert!

• 5 of 5 stars
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Charlotte. I am happy to hear that your room worked out perfect for you. Sorry about that 3rd floor ice machine, it has been fixed now. We hope to see you for future concerts.
Sleep Inn University Place
Jesup, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed here two times, and both times, both times in newly remodeled, nicely furnished rooms. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, helping me with finding restaurants (including printing directions). The continental breakfast had a nice variety of options. All-in-all, a quality place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff was plesant and the hotel was clean. We enjoyed the breaksfast. The staff helped us find the VA clinc and had directions already printed for us when we arrived.we will stay at a Sleep Inn again when we travel. I would recommend Sleep Inn to my family and my friends.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We hope to accomodate you on future trips.