“Will Stay Here Again!”

Sleep Inn University Place
Ranked #82 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed August 20, 2012

the room was small and the bathroom was big and easily accessible for wheelchairs. we were in a handicapped room so i dont know what the regular rooms are like. we had a microwave, a small fridge, an iron and board and a cabinet to hang clothes. the staff was very nice and the location was close to the verizon amphitheatre, buffalo wild wings and the speedway. the bed was comfy. the ice machine was out on our floor, but the staff was aware of this. will def book again when we are in charlotte for a concert!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Charlotte. I am happy to hear that your room worked out perfect for you. Sorry about that 3rd floor ice machine, it has been fixed now. We hope to see you for future concerts.
Sleep Inn University Place

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn University Place

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed here two times, and both times, both times in newly remodeled, nicely furnished rooms. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, helping me with finding restaurants (including printing directions). The continental breakfast had a nice variety of options. All-in-all, a quality place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff was plesant and the hotel was clean. We enjoyed the breaksfast. The staff helped us find the VA clinc and had directions already printed for us when we arrived.we will stay at a Sleep Inn again when we travel. I would recommend Sleep Inn to my family and my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We hope to accomodate you on future trips.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Beds could have been a bit softer, but other than that it was great. Staff was very friendly and the hotel seemed to be very clean. If you're going to see a concert in Charlotte you couldn't ask for a better value or location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying us after the concert at Verizon Wireless ampitheater. I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review for us.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are traveling across the Southern states and NC was our first stop. Since our trip is a 17 day trip, it was important to get the greatest value in each state. Having a included breakfast was also neccessary. The breakfast here was awesome, there was hot foods, fresh fruit, cold cereal, coffee, juice ,tea and yogurt. If we had a need and made it known it was taken care of immediately woth a smile. The manager Sam Lucas was very friendly and the owner exceptional. I work out everyday and the hotel had a contract with lifetime fittness which allowed me the opportunity to workout the four days i was here. Although the hotel is old, it was clean. If i could suggest one thing it would be to keep the pool area cleaned daily and keep the elevators cleaned daily. If I visit this area again i will definetly stay her again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us during your road trip. I really appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay here with us. I hope the rest of your trip went well and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Owner was the one that checked us in.. Great new remodeled rooms, great free breakfast, and the service of all the staff was great!! I would def recommend this place!
And I will be staying here in the future :)

Thanks Sleep Inn

• Stayed: July 2012
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I have had the pleasure of working with Rashmi for over 10 years and he does a great job as owner/operator for this hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you on future visits to Charlotte!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This Sleep Inn is somewhat close to Charlotte but has a "just outside of Charlotte" room rate. It is near UNCC and is next to a shopping area & lots of restaurants on the other side of the street. The area on the same side of street looks like it is an area that is "coming back" with some new stores & such after maybe it had gotten run down at one time but I always felt safe. I was going to give this place a "4" or very good rating just because they don't have an exercise room but they do everything else well so I gave them a full "5" or excellent rating. They have the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen in a Sleep Inn even though the room is a little small. After getting in my room, I discovered a missing light bulb and another that was broken. On the way out to dinner, I told the manager about it and when I returned both had been replaced. The room had the updated Sleep Inn decor that the renovated Sleep Inns are receiving and was very clean. Since it was summer time, I was able to go out for a two mile walk in the shopping area across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I really appreciate that you took the time to write such a good review and give us a 5 rating. It's good to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. I am sorry that we did not inform you that we partner with Lifetime Family fitness nearby, and you can enjoy a free workout while staying with us. Thank you again for writing this, and we look forward to seeing you on future trips to Charlotte!