“Awesome experience”

Ranked #28 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, United States
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Awesome and helpful staff! Clean rooms, safe location, and quick check in and check out! I would definitely come back! The restaurant has good food and the breakfast buffet was good as well. The hotel is located right in the heart of JWU's campus so if you're a parent visiting your JWU child, its a perfect place. Not far from downtown activities and South Park Mall! Awesome!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend. The location was good for us - not in the noisy downtown, but only a short walk from great restaurants and things to do. Quick access to highways. Room and beds a bit small for the price. Wait staff at breakfast was wonderful! Room was clean and quiet. But, had to pay for a bottle of water; hard to park a large pickup in the parking garage; had to ask for our cookie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of cookie at check in. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager and steps will be taken to ensure that it doesn't occur in the future.

Thank you again for your time.
CHESAPEAKE, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am in the Service Busniess and understand the importance of good customer service. I have a couple of unpleasants issure during my stay the two of the staff members changed that around for me. I loved the location as I was visit Johnson & Wales. I plan on visiting the area alot in the near future and will be staying at the Double Tree

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry that you had some unpleasant issues while you were with us. Very glad to hear that two team members did do what was needed to turn your unpleasant experience into a positive one. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Not a bad place at all. Clean, good location, friendly staff. Overall a good experience for the cost. Parking and internet fees can spike the overall cost, though, and I believe these should be included and not add-ons.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Overall the hotel, the staff, and the room was very nice and clean. Although I only stayed one night, the only thing that bothered me was that there wasn't a small fridge to store my food because I am coming from a different state. I can go to a motel for ¼ of the price of this stay and I would have had a fridge in my room. IF I needed to stay longer than 3 days, then that would be a problem. But other than that, I loved the stay, the staff and the beautiful room with amazing views of Charlotte, I will come back to this hotel. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for staying with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to say we are in the process of installing refrigerators in all of our guest rooms, as you can imagine this process does take a bit of time. W are hoping to have this project completed by the beginning of next year. I do apologize that you did not have a room with one. See you soon.
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2013

As always, I enjoy coming to your hotel to stay. The service is impeccable and the rooms are wonderful. You are my go to place whenever I visit my daughter (who attends Johnson & Wales University) in Charlotte. I highly recommend you hotel to everyone. They will not be disappointed. Thank you for having me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your comments about your stay made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Augusta, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was not happy with our visit. The location was nice but the staff was not pleasant at all. We were not greeted or told about any of the amenities that the hotel had to offer. The breakfast was good. The nicest staff was from housekeeping. The front desk was not helpful with any information.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.