DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte
$142
$85
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Room Service
$139
$109
$89
All reviewsdouble treejohnson and wales universitywarm cookiesclose to downtownbank of america stadiumgreat hotelpanthers stadiumparking garageroom was cleanwalking distancefront desk staffper daybusiness centerupon checkconvenient locationnice staywould stay again
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Room overpriced for size. Parking deck not attached to hotel & had to walk in rain from parking deck to hotel. No security present in evening. No shuttle to convention center. Disappointing for such a large and name brand hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very nice. Centrally located. Easy walk to downtown. It's just the price that hangs me up. I am used to staying with a different chain which happens to have a location ten minutes for this one. In the grand scheme of things would I give up this central location for free breakfast at the same price. Yes. Yes I would. Plus, the pool here is out side and no spa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've never been at a hotel that its entrance was basically in the middle of a city block. We drove passed it twice before noticing it. You then drive in a large cul-de-sac and then into paid parking which can only be accessed through the cul-de-sac.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I checked in without issues, Staff was good. Was given a warm Cookie? (It is their "thing") Room was clean. For this price, the Room was small. I was attending an event near by. The Event staff used the same hotel (Hundred plus staff). No shuttle was provided? We all had to use the taxi to the event. I could have stayed elsewhere for a lower price, if I knew there was no shuttle provided. I had breakfast and it was rather horrible at $15 (Buffet style, everything was soggy), The worst part, that I was charged for parking in THEIR own garage. $12 a day. Not a great deal in my book.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matt H
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you found our service staff and guestroom accommodations satisfactory. I am not sure what rate you paid, but due to our volume of business over the weekend, we offered the event coordinator tiered pricing. We had an early bird special discount for those who booked several weeks in advance and a higher rate for those who booked later. Since this was the first year for this event in its current location, the event coordinator did not coordinate a shuttle. There are no hotels in close proximity to the event site. I suspect that if many of their attendees request a shuttle that they may add one next year. I am sorry that you were not pleased with our breakfast buffet. It is very difficult to keep a hot buffet consistently fresh, but I will certainly pass your comment on to our Food and Beverage Manager so that corrective action can be taken. Lastly, I am not sure who told you that we owned the parking deck, but in fact we do not. We have to pay a fee to utilize the parking spaces designated for our guests. Thank you again for your comments and please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of service to you.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I mean what's not to like about this hotel? I work for a government contractor and recently stayed in this hotel for two weeks. When I checked in I was informed the hotel had no comp. internet, no comp breakfast, no concierges lounge, no refrig., no microwave--and the hotel could not be located in a worse part of town (as in no real restaurants close by). If you don't like walking long distances to grab a bite to eat this is not your hotel. Well I guess there was a Hooters about 20 min walk from the hotel. When I complained upon check in--it was clear others had also complained-and she was in no mood-I told her that a Motel 8 was set up better than their hotel. I was told basically "too bad" amenities were not "negotiated" in the contract. (So you have to negotiate for a frig and or microwave--and internet.(and you are paying at least 100 bucks a night for a standard room..how much does internet cost the hotel?) There is no parking in the area other than the pay parking provided by the Double Tree. It was supposed to be about 10 bucks a day but amazingly I was not charged when I left.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I will certainly utilize your comments to make improvements. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of installing refrigerators in all of our 187 guest rooms. However, many of the amenities that you describe, below, are not included in the rate in most full service hotels and certainly not in urban locations such as Charlotte. As you can imagine, we work very hard to ensure that our fees are competitive with other full service hotels in our market. Lastly, I am glad that you mentioned internet and the cost paid by the hotel to provide a high quality service to our guests. Most people do not realize that in order to provide internet service that is fast and dependable, hotels must constantly upgrade the system and pay higher fees to service providers. In fact, we spent over $40K in 2012 to upgrade our equipment and increase our bandwidth, and have about the same amount in our budget for 2014. This is in addition to the monthly fees that we must pay for the service and equipment provided by our internet service provider. Incidentally, we are one of a few hotels that offer both a wireless and hard wired internet option in our guestrooms. We do this to accommodate our guests who are not allowed by their employer to utilize wireless connections. Thank you again for your review and for allowing me to address your concerns.