DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village
Ranked #45 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Land O Lakes FL
“Nice Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for the ACC championship game. The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating! We were greeted with a smile and a warm cookie at check-in!! Our room was CLEAN and perfect. The bed was comfortable and the shower was great. It was in the PERFECT location! About 1 mile walk from the BOA stadium and downtown restaurants. Loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). Hope your team won the game. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great place. The staff are quite courteous -- meaning that I was always greeted with sincere smiles, by name after a day or so, and interactions were sincere. I think that this is the best one can ask for in customer service. I was using public transport during my visits, so having Gold Rush line nearby for free into downtown was a real bonus. It is pretty quiet, peaceful at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments put a smile on my face. I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience at our property. WE look forward to seeing you in the future.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is very good in room conditions, staff, and external environment. Although it locates at the boundarty of the uptown, it only takes 20-30 minutes' walk to the city center because the city Charlotte is small. There are bus stops in front of the hotel.
The only problem is the you can hear cleaurly the voice from the corridor, and sometimes from your neighboor room...
Generally it is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for staying here with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great facility. Staff and service could not have been better. Probably the best Sunday brunch that we have ever had at any hotel. I would certainly go back and would reccomend it to anyone with complete confidence. Location is great for entertainment ,dining and shopping while in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. So glad you enjoyed your brunch. Hope to see you again soon,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

26 dollars to park in their garage, something Inherently wrong with that. I guess I could have parked 4 blocks away and let the locals have their way with my 45k dollar automobile. The hotel was nice I just think thats a bit excessive.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please know that our parking rates are competitive with all hotels in Uptown Charlotte, in most cases we are lower.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Middle Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was at the Hotel for a business trip, the Staff was friendly, the Valet service was great and the room was a good place to relax and set up nicely for working. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that needs close proximity to the interstate for daily travel in the Charlotte area, and a place close enough to Downtown without the hassle of traffic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank caryteri
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived Friday afternoon right at 3:00 PM. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, offering two of their signature cookies for my and my travel companion. My room was ready and I was able to park in their parking deck using my room key. The room was spacious and very clean. It had a comfortable bed, good size bathroom, desk space and a flat screen TV. Checkout on Saturday at 11:00 AM was super quick - I was at the desk no longer than 3 minutes.

The hotel overall was quiet and exceptionally clean. All staff that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful and most importantly courteous. My only complaint was the price for parking (about $5 cheaper would seem more reasonable), although that would not keep me from staying here again. I wish all my hotel experiences could be like this one!

The hotel was within walking distance to the heart of Uptown (approx. 5 blocks). I walked to dinner and back with no problem. I highly recommend this property and will certainly be staying here during my next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff knocked your socks off and that the property offered you the just right amount of space for you to spread out and relax. We look forward to seeing you in the future.