“Great Rates and Location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I planned a trip to see the Charlotte Panthers. We tried our luck with the downtown Doubletree. We could not be happier! Easy check-in. Delicious warm homemade chocolate chip cookie! Yum! Clean modern room with great view. Super location to the stadium! We cannot wait for our neext trip to Charlotte and another stay at the Doubletree!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you "tried your luck" with us and enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms. It is always a pleasure to welcome new vistors to the Doubletree by Hilton Charlotte family. Our guest service team and I truly look forward to your next visit. Until then we will keep the cookies warm for you.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Nice well kept property, but get ready to be nickled and dimed for everything (parking, internet access etc). Rooms are clean, bright and updated with great workspace. Hotel is located in downtown adjacent to Johnson & Wales University; several robberies have occurred in the past few weeks, so I would be cautious about walking at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for your response and for your comments. I regret that our charges for parking and internet access left a bad impression. It is very important to me that our pricing for these services be competitive with similar full service hotels in the market. I will update my research to ensure that these charges are in line and make any necessary adjustments. Also, I am aware of only one alleged robbery in recent months in the Gateway Village area. I understand that after investigation that authorities believe that this robbery actually occurred in an area of the city other than Gateway Village. However, I do agree with you that everyone should use good judgment when walking in any urban area at night. Lastly, thank you for your comments regarding our guestrooms. I am very proud of the outcome of our recent renovation and am glad that you enjoyed the improvements. Please feel free to contact me personally if I maybe of service to you in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am in Charlotte twice a year for work and have always stayed at this DoubleTree. It's so nice to see the same staff and be greeted in such a warm way. Even without the cookie, I'd still be glad to be there!

The renovated guest rooms are terrific. They are brighter and have some nice features like good desktop and bedside lamp outlets, better desk space, the ubiquitous flat screen TV (and now MSNBC which made me happy!) and are beautifully updated. Ditto the guest floor hallways - nice new carpet and color.

I appreciate the room service menu having lots of options. After a long day, I'm happy staying in my room. If you want to indulge, the sweet potato fries are really good and came crispy with my sandwich.

The restaurant and bar are going to be renovated tho' the timeline is not set. The lobby needs a bit of a new(er) look to go with the rooms.

The "business center" is free - it's two computers and a printer. Each time I went in to print a boarding pass, there was no wait.

It's a good place to stay and convenient to downtown and other areas of Charlotte.

Room Tip: I prefer the "back side" of the hotel - looking into a residential n'hood.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you found our renovations comfortable and appealing. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to the Doubletree by Hilton Charlotte. Our guest service team and I truly look forward to your next visit. Until then...happy trails.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I love the new updates just recently completed. I love the signature cookies at check-in. We booked out room through priceline so we got a great deal. Be aware parking is $13/night and just off of rebranding and so ice machine was broken on my floor. The spaces up from are tight and there is a hertz rental counter that take 3 spaces away. Very convient to everything I was looking to do. Would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you like the improvements we have made. We do apologize for the ice machine not working during your stay. The necessary steps have been taken to put the machine back in proper working order. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree. We'll have cookies waiting for you.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

When we first arrived they messed up my room and gave me double beds instead of a king size bed. The did however fix it...the next morning on a Saturday morning, I woke up at 8am to the sound of hammering above me. They put me in a room under the room they were repairing!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

You have the best staff in the Hilton Brand at this quiet little hotel in Charlotte. Recent renovations are making it an even better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the kind words about our team and the hotel as they are very much appreciated. We are thrilled you have enjoyed your stay with us and like the improvements we are making. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We could not afford to stay at a Double Tree in Washington DC however, we could not miss a chance to stay at one in Charlotte. Great experience!!!!!!! The service was AAA. the rooms were Great as well! Our room was udated and had a modern look and feel. The bathroom was updated as well. The breakfast was wonderful. If you go on line to book your room directly with them you can get a special rate to have breakfast include for up to 4 people. You will not be able to beat that deal! To our suprise, there was no microwave or refrigerator. It would cost you extra for that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent visit and for choosing to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Charlotte. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful and enjoyable stay. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your business and for your comments. Please feel welcome to contact me when I may be of further service or assistance.