“Nicest Hampton I have stayed at”

Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte - South Park
Ranked #2 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
North Carolina
“Nicest Hampton I have stayed at”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Loved this Hampton Inn! The hotel is in a really nice area of Charlotte with lots of shopping and dining in walking distance and a short drive to the South Park mall. They have a free shuttle that will take you places in a 5 mile radius. The hotel lobby and dining ads area was very nice - I would even call it fancy. The front desk staff was awesome! Super friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The tv in the bathroom mirror was cool... I've never seen that before and didn't expect that in a limited service hotel. I slept great each night and appreciated the comfy beds and clean sheets/duvet cover. The breakfast in the morning was your standard Hampton fare... Just what you need! If not, there is a Whole Foods in the same plaza. The bartenders at Wolfgang Puck next door were a blast... They have great specials every week day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Orangepeel107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were attending a wedding in Charlotte, and chose to stay out of the city. This Hampton Inn is in a beautiful suburban area with million dollar homes nearby. This particular Hampton Inn was very luxurious. The public rooms were beautiful. Our room was lovely and clean. We had a nice large TV and refrigerator. The TV in the bathroom mirror was a nice touch! Also, you are in walking distance to a wonderful shopping area with nice stores and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Oldmyst
Madison, Alabama, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We travel to Charlotte at on average of every other month during the year to visit our children and grandchildren. When not staying with our children, which is most of the time, we always stay at this Hotel and only this Hotel. Our experience over the years have always been excellent, the hotel staff are consistently very helpful and the facility is clean, quite and well maintained. Simply an excellent place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank James T
DuBois, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were traveling and stayed at this lovely hotel for a night. I would recommend staying much longer as it seems there are a lot of great restaurants and shopping in the area. LOVED the TV in the bathroom. Great Clean Clean hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Doreen D
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I travel to Charlotte for business frequently and I always stay here unless they are sold out. I can understand why because it is such a great place! The front staff are always so professional, the rooms are perfect (I've stayed in many of them - different rooms, locations, floors, etc. and they're all good!). The breakfast is so convenient and delicious. I look forward to my trips so I can truly relax and enjoy the stay here!

Room Tip: All of them are great! I've stayed in several types and locations and I really cannot complain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Crystal D
Sumter, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I met up with a lifelong friend at this Hampton Inn for a weekend of catching up, shopping, and general relaxation. First of all, the hotel itself is beautiful from the outside with the fountain in front that is lighted at night. The staff at the hotel front desk were friendly and accommodating from the time I arrived on Friday to the time I left on Sunday. They gave helpful suggestions for easy unloading, parking, accessing our room, and easy instructions for connecting to the free wifi, as well as directions to the deli where we wanted to have lunch. We had a suite which was very roomy and complete with more than we needed. The room was also quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. I was also pleased to have a shower with good water pressure. This is an excellent hotel that I definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Anita J
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Gorgeous can only describe this place. We had a king 1 bedroom suite and I put it on par with any 5 star hotel. The Lobby had a fireplace and grand piano, the room was gorgeous. The living area had a sofa, chair and ottoman with a 37 in. tv, a bar with fridge and microwave. The bedroom area was equally nice with a 37 in tv and a digital mirror. First time I have ever seen one of these - it's a mirror with a built in tv! It was so great. The complimentary breakfast was the standard fare of pastries, coffee, juice, waffles, etc. The only negative comment we had was parking. As the hotel is in a great location (Wolfgang Puck pizza, PF Changs, many other high end restaurants there) parking is nearly impossible on Friday or Saturday night. We got back to our room a 9pm Sat night we were lucky to find a spot as they all use common parking area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple