This hotel is a little older and it seems to be near the edge of a bad area, yet it's conveniently located to highways, shopping, restaurants, the university, speedway etc. The TV reception, and the number and location of outlets, was poor. If you're there on business, there is only a table, not a desk with a work chair. The fitness center, located near the elevator, doesn't open until 6AM, which was too late for my schedule, so I was unable to use it; however, it had 2 treadmills, 1 eliptical, 1 stair climber and a balance ball. A free breakfast buffet is open 6-10, but I didn't eat there. Vending machines are on floors 1, 3 & 6 for snacks and every floor for soda. The pool is open 9AM-10PM. Valet laundry is available M-F - out by 8AM and in by 6PM. I didn't receive a USA Today the first morning. Check-in was very busy. Although there were 2 clerks, one was new and in training. Next time in the area, I would probably try someplace else, although I didn't have a bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inexpensive accommodation with special low price for Petty students. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn University Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn University Place Hotel Charlotte
- University Place Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Charlotte
- Charlotte Hampton Inn