Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Palm Beach Gardens, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Tien and her staff are so very accomodating. Exceptional service with a smile! From the breakfast to the cleaninless and comfort of the suites. This is truly a great place to stay. It's very conveniently located next to restaurants and Concord Mills Mall. It's a wonderful area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Three of us stayed at this hotel from Friday May 2nd, through the 5th. We were there for a festival at the Charlotte Speedway and wanted a hotel that was relatively close to the venue but not so close that we would be spending a lot on a hotel. Upon arrival we noticed that the rooms were "motel-style" with the doors being outside rather than inside of the hotel itself. This wasn't a problem for me at all, and it actually worked out very well. The room was very nice and clean throughout our stay. We ate breakfast on Saturday morning and it was very good. The staff was great also. We would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

My mother and I traveled to Charlotte, North Carolina to reconnect with family. We chose to stay in the Homewood Suites because of their home like accommodations. We also chose to stay near the University to put us in very close proximity to our family members. This location allowed us to be centrally located to family members.

The commute from the Charlotte airport to the hotel address was an easy commute north on I-85. Once we arrived on the Tryon Street we noticed we were near everything we needed to be comfortable with our stay. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and grocery stores. The only initial drawback, upon our arrival, was the address was not easy to see from the street. I actually drove right past the hotel and had gone to far past it before I realized I had passed it. When I turned around I noticed how I easily drove right past the hotel the first time. During the time of my visit there was construction taking place directly in front of the hotel. The hotel actually sits lower than street level so this made it a tad bit invisible. The biggest drawback was the fence that was erected for construction. However, once I knew exactly where the hotel was located I began to use the construction fence as my marker for where to turn into the hotel parking lot.

When I checked into the hotel I noticed the hotel lobby was very clean and the staff was very friendly. When I had to drive to the building where my room was located I noticed the aesthetics of the hotel looked more like townhouses or condos. Please note the hotel has ample parking accommodations for the guests. My mother and I were given room 236, which was a double queen bed. My only problem with being on the 2nd floor at this hotel was there was no elevator to get to our room. We had to carry our own luggage up the flight of stairs. This really was not an easy task for me, especially carrying up my mother's luggage (she loves to overpack). I know ... I know ... I could have gotten the hotel staff to perhaps carry up our luggage. Quite frankly I did ask, when I was told there was no elevator for our building. However, the gentleman sent to help us arrived after I had already gotten the luggage upstairs and into the room. FYI _ I only waited at my car about 4-5 minutes for him then I gave up. If I had waited an extra 10 minutes a man would have hauled our luggage up the stairs.

Now let me cover the inside of the room. It was very very nice. It really was like staying in an apartment. Our room overlooked the pond and the room had a fireplace. If it had been cooler outside I do believe my mother and I would have had the staff light the fireplace. As usual the bed was comfortable!

I did not get the opportunity to check out the pool or fitness room so I cannot speak about it. I also only utilized the free breakfast once. I follow the Paleo diet and lifestyle so there were not many options for me to consume from the breakfast menu.

Before I forget >>> There was a leak in the wash area faucet. Once I notified the staff they took care of fixing it right away.

Overall I give this Homewood Suites a two Thumbs Up!
From your happy traveling Travel Agent _ Beverly Colar-Credelle

Room Tip: If you are older or traveling with older people you want to stay on the main floor or in the buildin...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nathan_Shaw, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your excellent review and story of your stay on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure having you and your mother stay with us while in Charlotte to reconnect with your family. I really enjoyed reading your review as you really helped paint a picture of what our hotel has to offer and the experience that comes with staying at the Homewood Suites Charlotte North. As you mentioned our hotel is set up almost like an apartment complex. We have three buildings that house our guest suites. Our main building located right behind the lodge, surrounding the pool, features our Standard King Suites and our One Double Bed Handicap Accessible Suites. All of the rooms in this building feature an interior entrance and there is also an elevator to get up to the second or third floor. Our other two buildings house our Two Bedroom Suites, King Guest Suites, and Two Double Bed Suites. All of our suites in these building are exterior entrance and to get to the second floor you have to take the stairs. As you mentioned our staff is more than willing to help our guests with luggage or any other requests you may have during your stay. Again thank you for taking the time to fill out a thorough review of your excellent stay. Our staff was very pleased to hear your review and rating of Two Thumbs Up. We look forward to having you and your friends and family stay with us on the next visit to Charlotte.

In Hospitality,

Nathan Shaw
Assistant General Manager
franklin, nc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was very statisfied with the service of the hotel and the staff were excellent, friendly,accommodating and professional. The complimentary breakfast was great, lots of variety to choose. Will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your excellent stay at the Homewood Suites Charlotte University. I am delighted that you highlighted and enjoyed our hotel and staff. Our staff strives to be excellent, friendly, accommodating and professional and I am very happy to hear that you experienced all of the above in your interactions with them during your stay. Our complimentary hot breakfast aims to please and as you mentioned there is a variety of items to choose from. Thanks again for choosing the Homewood Suites Charlotte North and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you back.

Nate Shaw
Assistant General Manager
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our recent stay was perfect! Special thanks to Nathan Shaw who took special care of our every request! Nathan was very professional, friendly, genuine, efficient and concerned about our needs. The hotels location was close to many venues north of uptown yet just a short drive there. Close by there are many stores, shops and a large gym hotel guests can use by showing their room key The restaurant cooks were friendly and checked the buffets frequently to ensure quality. The rooms were like apartments and very comfortable. Stay here and you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: Choose lakeside if available.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomingdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very comfortable suite type room - and, wonderful breakfast. Didn't take advantage of the dinner/evening reception but the menu looked great. For a family, you can't get any better option for an overnight or extended stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Staid 3 nights and was very pleased with the accommodation and staff. Room had a separate kitchenette and living room with fire place and flat screen tv. Complimentary breakfast and dinner were good. Main access street was under construction and made the access a little messy. Was fortunate that during my stay (Easter weekend) no work was taking place, so no other disturbance from that.
Would return and recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo