“You'll enjoy this hotel even if you're not a fan of hotels.”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #38 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Upon arrival, walking in the lobby we were greeted by a friendly staff members and the air smelled great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I am not generally a hotel fan either. I felt relaxed and at home. The continental breakfast was good. Overall, I would stay there again. My husband has for business travel. Location is not far from airport and conveniently located to highways.

• Stayed: March 2014
Nina S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Melissa T, thank for taking time to review the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I needed a good nights sleep with three teenagers for a cheerleading competition the next morning and this was close to our venue. I was pleasantly surprised with the spacious room. the cleanliness, the layout. Recommend getting the double bed suite with sofa bed. Breakfast was fab the next morning and Starbucks coffee was on site. Close to the airport, I didnt hear a roar. Loved the layout and the contemporary decor.

We were running late Friday checkin, the night host was very kind, and courteous! We called and he assured our room was waiting for us!

I liked staying here so much with my group, that I've booked the Hyatt Place in Tampa for our pre-cruise stay. Turns out they have a free shuttle and a Park n' Cruise package! Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a two double bed room with sofa......
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel is racist against its white customers. We were made to leave with no warning over a made up noise complaint. A woman with a surgical mask that turned out to be a hotel employee repeatedly knocked on our door at 4 am. Upon answering the door she said nothing turned and walked off. After returning to sleep 2 police officers woke us up and told us we had to leave the premises. We packed up and called a cab. After a few minutes the police officers returned because the night manager complained that we were loitering while waiting on a cab. I have stayed here for many years it will not happen again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Darrenmz28
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place airport. It's location is close to the airport in a corporate park (a car is required to to get anywhere besides the airport). Check-in was easy and my assigned room was clean and tidy. If you've stayed at a Hyatt Place before you know what to expect: a bedroom area and living room area separated by a partial wall with a desk and wet bar area. A special note to those who haven't stayed at a Hyatt Place before: the toilet/shower part of the bathroom is closed off from the vanity; guests of size may have to step into the shower to close the door. One word of caution for guests approaching from the south, there is another Hyatt Place within a 1/4 mile of this one that you will see first, be sure to double-check the address.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed her for a girl's getaway weekend with my friends, great hotel, great price! our room was spacious with two double beds and a pull out bed. Mini frig and microwave. Clean bathroom, great water pressure (I always look for that when I stay in rooms). Breakfast was hot and delicious each morning, I really enjoyed the English muffins. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great place for quick overnight stay. Convenient trip to CLT (airport) and very nice complimentary breakfast. Arrived late and left very early in the morning so did not get to take advantage of anything in the surrounding area. Recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was my first time at a Hyatt, and I was very pleased. I actually was given this room by the airlines because they canceled my flight, and I was stuck in Charlotte overnight so I do not know what the nightly price was. The rooms were spacious; they had a living room to relax and a small-office work area. The showers were powerful, and the beds were clean and comfortable. I actually joined the Hyatt rewards because of this place and probably will check into the rooms at Hyatts in my future stays. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business