“Late flight in”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #37 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here after a later flight getting back to the US. They have a shuttle from the airport. It is a very nice hotel and great features, including breakfast and Starbucks. Breakfast could be a little better, but it is already better than the standard hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmiller44

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Just leavinv the Hyatt Place Airport location..... Outstanding.
The rooms are Extremely Spacious...its like being at home!!! Cozy sectional, Large swivel flat screen, comfy beds and service to die for....
Big thank you to Darrell and the front desk staff...they went above and beyond the call of duty when I needed additional assistance. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hotel in very good condition. The room is pretty big with a salon. The TV can be seen from both sides. The wifi was very slow for us on the 6th floor but there are 2 PC available downstairs with printing.
The breakfast has homemade hot sandwiches and pain perdu/pancakes plus all the classics. Bar and freshly made food (sandwich, pizza, cookies) are available inside the hotel. Otherwise there are food options close by. Free shuttle to/from airport.
One of the best we've had on our 2000 miles roadtrip.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After a rather disappointing experience at another area hotel, my travel agent was able to snag a room here for me, even though the basketball tournament was in town. I told the front desk it was a last minute reservation after a bad experience. The front desk gentleman was so very kind to me (I was still shaking from my bad experience), and introduced himself and the other front desk clerks. He assured me that if I needed anything, i just needed to let him know. After getting settled in, i wandered back down to find a quick bite to eat. The gentlemen then walked outside with me and pointed out some places I could walk to...and assured me again that I was safe. I just really appreciated his kindness. There were a few worn spots in the hotel, but that happens. My room was clean, granite countertops, beautiful TV and very restful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014, I checked out at the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road and mistakenly left my Space Grey 32Gb Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display Serial #DLXLN2H8FCM6 (valued $650.00) on the bed of the room. When I realized I left the iPad Mini in the room, I called the evening of January 29, 2014 on or about 5:30 PM, and told an employee at the reception desk that I had left the iPad Mini in the room. The employee took my name and number and said they will look for it and get back to me. I was never called back. I called back a few hours later on or about 9:30PM, and another employee did the same thing as the first one. To my dismay, yet again no one bother to call me back. At around 1 AM on Thursday January 30, 2014, I called again, and another employee did the same thing as the last two. As previously, no one followed up with me. At this point I was really frustrated, and realized nothing was being done to locate the iPad Mini. The morning of January 30, 2014, I called again and yet again another employee took my name and number. This last person called me back a few hours later reporting that nothing was found. By now almost a full day had passed since I checked out. I know I left it on the bed and I am 100% sure someone must have found it, but may not want to turn it in. With that being said, I filed a report to the Charlotte Police Department reporting it being stolen. I provided them with the hotel name where the incident happened. It is clear to me that some protocols were not followed. While I do not want to point fingers, I am pretty sure that either the room service people must have found the iPad Mini or had the first two employees who I had spoken to been diligent about searching for the iPad Mini it could have been found.
On Monday, February 10, 2014, a woman called me and said she found my iPad. When I asked how she found it, she said she doesn't know, her husband found it. For the next two days, I tried to make shipping arrangements with her, but was unsuccessful each time. Please note that I know the woman full name and address as she provided that information to me when she called in the hopes of having a pre-paid shipping label made for her.
On Thursday, February 13, 2014, I called the hotel once again and asked for this woman (to see if she was an employee there), and in fact she was. Furthermore, she was the maid who cleaned my room, and initially said she didn't not see anything in the room. The hotel GM confirmed this to me and said that they cannot do anything about this, or my claim and I would need to take it up with the police. I find it unacceptable that I know who has my iPad yet the hotel GM said that nothing can be done about this. I find this unacceptable that the GM cannot do anything about this especially since I know exactly who has my iPad.

Room Tip: Lock all your properties in a safe in the room.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank CARLTON R
Reviewed February 3, 2014

When our flight required an overnight layover, we were looking for a hotel that had a free shuttle to and from the airport, and one that would extend the feel of our week long vacation from the Caribbean, you know, ease the transition from the 'Islands' back to real life. The Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport was a perfect choice! From the time we called the hotel to arrange our pickup from the airport, to the time we were dropped back off the next morning, our stay was wonderful. The shuttle driver was so nice, the front desk very accommodating and friendly upon our arrival, and the room was so well appointed and comfortable. You can order food 24/7 which was convenient since we arrived after 9 pm and were hungry from a day of traveling. We opted for the recommended local pizza place that delivered a delicious specialty pizza to our room within 30 minutes. The free breakfast bar was unlike any of the other chains 'free breakfasts' in its selection of fresh items: from more gourmet breakfast sandwiches, french toast, fresh fruit, a yogurt bar, several brewed coffees, and other selections. A friendly attendant kept tables cleared and the breakfast area clean and well stocked. Overall, a great experience and I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjwfromlex
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at Hyatt Place on Jan 18th for the second time. We chose it because we were so pleased last year but I wanted to add something about our experience this year. My daughter left her down pillow in the room and we didn't realize it until we were home. I called the front desk and explained the situation. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name but I think it was Ben. He went back and forth several times describing the pillows they had found when I'm sure he had many other things to do. He finally located the pillow and it was at my front door in one day! This is the kind of customer service that makes a difference and is the reason we will be back. As usual, the room was very nice, check in took about 1 minute, hotel was clean, quiet, convenient, and the staff was very friendly. Thanks again for that extra effort!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family