“The Best Ever”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
Ranked #37 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on May 4th and 5th after a flight from Rome to Newark and Newark to Charlotte. During the flight from Newark, my wife developed severe abdominal pain. Friday nite we barely slept and at 5am called a cab to take her to the emergency room at the closest hospital. To make a long story short, she had a kidney stone. We returned to the hotel and told them we would have to spend another nite but they advised they were completely booked. However, they found a room when they became aware of her situation. During our stay, the Asst General Manager called the room to see how she was doing and to offer any help they could. The front desk and personnel around and about were all extremely caring and offered to help in any way they could. We couldn't have been in a better place away from home. The rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated and the free breakfast buffet was far superior to any hotel in which we have stayed. We have never been loyal customers of any hotel chain but we are Hyatt devotees in the future whereever we may travel. Georgia & Dick Gorham, Maggie Valley, NC

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Park CLT airport location prior to a weekend trip to NYC and was very pleased with the cost to benefit ratio. Great location, friendly service, fantastic room with great separate sitting area (nice couch), and delicious upscale breakfast made our stay here perfect. The shuttle to and from the airport was just an added bonus that will bring us back for more in the future.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We needed a one night stay while on a business trip and for $89 this was a fabulous deal! My husband said the room had nice, "feng shui." We had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before and we were very pleased. The room was large, very clean and with a super comfy bed and large screen TV. With a coffee maker and complimentary tube of toothpaste we were good to go. The only thing we were looking for which we didn't have was an in room safe. Other than that, it was perfect. We weren't impressed by the breakfast sandwiches we saw in the kitchen area in the AM so we bypassed. The piped in perfume smell in the foyer was a bit cloying. Other than that, check in was an ease, staff was nice and it was a great stay for a day. I would definitely stay longer on a future visit to Charlotte.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I chose this location because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. Shuttle service is provided for transportation to and from the airport. The Gallery Staff (welcome staff, front desk staff, bartenders, etc) were all courteous, polite, friendly and helpful. The Gallery is open 24/7 with a made-to-order menu available as well as quick food/snacks for pick-up. The breakfast is the best "continental" breakfast that I have ever had. The options are great and there's something for everyone. The hotel room I stayed in was clean and had ample space to sleep, work, sit and watch TV, shower, etc. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 110BethB
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was a spur of the moment decision. We were traveling and new we could go a few more hours so I got on my notebook and searched hotels in the area we would be in at that particular time. Well I'm very picky on places I stay so I do go on a lot of what the reviews say. This Hyatt had pretty good reviews and very, very little terrible reviews (which I check too). I called the hotel direct and spoke to a Jen. She was awesome!! I explained it would be around 1 or 2 in the morning and she said no problem. When we arrived -- we were exhausted--and she got us registered with key in no time so that we could get some sleep before getting up at 5am. She was there in the morning when we checked out and was just as kind. It makes the trip so much more enjoyable when you meet nice people and there is no hassle!! So thank you Hyatt and Jen (Front Desk Clerk) for that. Also I must say the wonderful breakfast-that was included - was just what we needed. So for anyone who needs a quick stay or even extended stay I would highly recommend this Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at two Hyatt hotels on a recent trip to North Carolina and were very pleased with both. The customer service here was excellent. We only stayed one night - prior to leaving on an early morning flight out of CLT. The day we arrived, I arranged to drop off our rental car so we wouldn't have to deal with it the next morning, and the hotel's shuttle service came and picked us up from the rental car company. We were leaving the next morning (again on their shuttle) before they start serving breakfast, so the staff prepare breakfast foods for us (yogurt with fruit, other fresh fruit, muffins, bottled water, nutrition bar, etc (there are refrigerators in the rooms) so that we could eat before catching the shuttle. They also have a nice coffee bar and snack concession in the lobby. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My buddy and I were looking for a place to stay overnight on a road trip to Atlanta. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and modern amenities the room offered, which is more like a suite, for the value.

• Stayed: April 2012