WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #56 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
A TripAdvisor Member
“Second time staying, and it was equally pleasant both times.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Enjoyed my stay both times. This hotel is very clean and is in a great location via downtown accommodation. I was suggested to this hotel on my first stay and was very pleased. On my second stay, I was actually a walk in on a very busy event weekend. Not actually thinking they would have a room because of the busy event, I was surprised with a quick and courteous check in. This stay was just as nice as my first stay and I will definitely be staying here again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice and convenient stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

La Quinta is a hotel name that we look for when traveling. Although this was not the worst one we have seen it was not the best either. If we were paying the bargain price of $59 a night then I would have no complaints. From the outside & lobby area and prices charged for 2 rooms we expected our rooms to be cleaner & better maintained. There also seemed to be smoking in areas where it was marked "no smoking" (smell). The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive. We arrived around 6pm - went to dinner - slept one night & got up early to leave for Florida.

Room Tip: Parking spaces were very tight - try to park at the end of a row and hug the curb.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank houston605
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is solid. It is close to the train to uptown Charlotte, very good affordable!
Airport shuttle helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable. Like the free wireless internet and the friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel didn't seem to be too bad on the outside. It is near a plethora of other hotels. It is nice that they take in dogs (as do all La Quintas) as we had one. The room itself could've used some updates...at least new carpet. The carpet was stained a filthy. I'm not a fan of walking on hotel bathroom floors barefoot, in fact I just don't, and I didn't even walk barefoot on the carpeted floor in this room. The staff was nice and the breakfast was adequate. For our purposes it worked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeh15343
Camden, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here on the night of January 28. I did choose this hotel expressly because they offered the shuttle service to the airport. When I checked in I saw the notice alerting that there could be a problem with the shuttle due to the forecasted bad weather. In fact the forecast was for snow until 9:00 a.m. next morning, and that could have been a problem. Fortunately the snow stopped around 9-10 p.m. the same day and the morning after the situation was quite normal, with just some snow but nothing more.
I was very surprised to hear from the front desk that the shuttle was not operating. The person there talked about black ice. There was no black ice at all, the only black thing was the clean asphalt on the road! Other guests were surprised and upset also.
So I was forced to call a taxi, for which I had to pay. When I reached the airport I noticed, with not much surprise, that all the other shuttles were perfectly working. I saw with my eyes the ones of Clarion, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Omni Hotel, Marriott Courtyard and some others I can not remember the name.
I think that there was no reason at all to stop the shuttle. They created a problem to me and to other guests. When I asked to talk to the manager they told me that he/she was coming at 9:00 o’ clock. On such a day I think it should have been his/her duty to be there earlier.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lat48
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent experience at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte - Airport South. We're sorry that we disappointed you with the shuttle sevice situation. We'll be discussing this situation with our management team to ensure that our team is better equipped to handle this type of situation in the future. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for providing your feedback.
Hamburg, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel is a great value, close to the airport and it's easy to drive to the center of Charlotte from here. They welcome pets and do not charge a fee for pets. Our room was beautifully appointed and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is the most spacious I've seen with plenty of tables. The breakfast offerings were also very good, and the staff kept the breakfast area spotless and well supplied.

Room Tip: We were in room 106 which is next to the fitness room and overlooks the pool. Although we did not h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family