La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #59 of 174 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

En route to Florida we needed to find a pet friendly motel near the Interstate. We feel fortunate to have found La Quinta. It was conveniently located (not directly off the Interstate, but not far away) and did not charge extra for our small dog. Had never stayed in a La Quinta before but will definitely consider doing so again after this positive experience. Was also good to have Omaha Steak House right next door since it was a cold, winter night and we did not want to go too far. We did experience a lot of noise from plumbing on floors above (we were on first floor) but it was quiet enough during the night to get good sleep. Breakfast was fairly standard fare but perfectly adequate.

Room Tip: Our first floor room had a lot of noise from draining pipes coming from floors above. It quieted dow...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I LOVE La Quinta Hotels. I have been to many La Quinta Hotels all over the U.S., so I can make a fair assessment of one. I have been to this hotel multiple times; each time gave me different experience. When my family and I went to our room, my wife noticed that it smelled of cigarette smoke. I was considering giving this hotel a three circle, but the service is what keeps this hotel to four circles. My wife complained to the front desk- The lady at the front desk gave us an amazing suite. The suite had a king-size bed with a pullout couch for only $60 a night. The bed was so comfortable that I was sleeping on a cloud. The location is not far from the airport and is very close to uptown Charlotte, so location is great. The continental breakfast was an improvement. The other times I visited, the breakfast had few items with no service to provide more food for customers. This time, the hotel added more different items such as sausage biscuits, and the service ensured that fresh items were brought out for customers. My only complaints were the cigarette smell in the hall ways. I could smell cigarettes, which took away from the full pleasing experience. I have been to La Quinta Hotels that has a 100% smoke free hotel, which I think every La Quinta Hotel should require it. Other than that, I recommend this hotel if you want to to check out Charlotte.

Room Tip: If your pets are on vacation, La Quinta is an awesome place to stay. The only place I know where yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Master bedroom and separate living room. Flat panel TVs in both. Front desk staff - male and female - were do friendly and helpful. Bathrooms nice and clean but getting a bit dated. Omaha Steak House next door. Good free breakfast. Would stay again for about $100 near the airport.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ozeeboy
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at La Quinta Charlotte Airport South several times for business. My team returns because of the service, value (price + free breakfast), ease of mobility - shuttle from airport and to light rail, which takes us with ease to Charlotte Convention Centre and Time Warner Cable Arena. The staff are wonderful from shuttle drivers to front desk to service staff (extra towels, etc.). If you are fortunate enough to be served by Ferlandos at the front desk, you are in excellent hands with smiles from beginning to end!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at La Quinta Inn on S. Tryon for a business trip. The front desk staff, especially Ferlandos, was extremely helpful and courteous. Breakfasts were great, rooms were nice and quiet, beds very comfortable. If you want a fridge and microwave, be sure to ask if your room has them. The staff did everything possible to meet my needs.

Room Tip: If you need fridge and microwave, be sure to ask if your room has one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

If you look at all of these positive reviews you will see they are from people who have dogs. This place is like a kennel. We have dogs too but we are not dragging them to a hotel. We called the front desk several times to ask them to please do something about the howling dogs. Absolutely nothing was done. The bathrooms are dirty and the place smells like dogs. Terrible stay and definately overpriced for a kennel stay. Breakfast is sparse with two stale cereals, waffles, bread and bagels.

• Stayed February 2013