“I really recommend this place - Fresh interior, pleasant staff, convenient location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #57 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Really, what else do you want from a hotel? I really like this La Quinta and it is my stopping place of choice as a snowbird (who am I kidding, I travel this route almost X2 a month!) en route from Toronto-Florida Keys-Toronto. I've stayed here at least 3 times - thought I had reviewed it before, but it appears not.

The rooms here are clean, up to date, the heating and a/c work well. Rooms have a nice design feature to them to - a little alcove for the fridge for those rooms that have them - someone actually planned the rooms so they weren't simply a box!

They welcome dogs and there are two good dog walking routes right near the hotel. Hotel is near the freeway. Showers have good shower heads and plenty of hot water. Internet works like a charm. Breakfast included is basic (but as with all LQ's - full of carbs and sugar; really wish they'd get some healthier fare). The parking lot is well lit out front (having said that, caution is due - the hotel is very careful to warn you to take sensible precautions about your car and the one time I saw something shady in the parking lot, they had security address it IMMEDIATELY. Reasonable hotel rates (you save more if you book 2 weeks in advance). Part of the chains reward system that, in broad terms, you get a free night for every ten stays.

Dog friendly hotel - meaning no extra charge for dogs - is perfect as we like to travel with our dog (which is why we don't fly much on these trips).

My non-nuclear family stays here (tripadvisor, change your icons please), so I'm calling this "couples". LGBT friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IaOrana_Maruuruu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Toronto
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good airport location. Front desk staff was always polite and helpful - dealt with 3 different staff members. Continental breakfast is sufficient. Rooms clean and quiet. Nice tv.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This property was well more than I had expected after reading the reviews. Being a "pet friendly" (with no size limits) it is very well kept. Check-in and out were a breeze. Staff were helpful & knowledgeable of the area. Room was clean and beds comfortable. The location is very convenient too most all attractions and just a mile from the bus/rail station, which makes it so simple to easily get around the city without worrying about parking costs. I will stay here again :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed the nite of Feb 12th as I had an early flight the next morning. Since I had stayed at LaQuinta Inns before, I felt it was a safe bet plus they have a Rewards program. Thank goodness I had stayed at others before this one because if it was reversed, I would not stay at a LaQuinta hotel ever again! As soon as I walked in the small lobby area, I could smell a strong odor of a laundry dryer - not a bad smell - just not something you would think to smell in a hotel lobby. Soon found out the laundry facilities were just down the hall - felt bad for those staying in the ground floor rooms. We were assigned a room on the 4th floor. As we made our way with our bags down the hall from the lobby, it felt really creepy like maybe this place used to be a psych ward or a hospital where people went to die. They painted the walls a very dreary pale yellow which was not "bright" at all and then with seeing the laundry facilities there and all these locked doors, it just gave me the creeps. Got to the 4th floor and as we walked in our room, it absolutely reeked of mildew and stale smoke. I gagged! Went back to the lobby where they said most rooms on the 4th floor were smoking rooms. I didn't know you could still have that but why not ask? totally gross. He gave us a room on the 2nd floor which smelt old & funny but not strong. The bathroom was clean but I told my son not to take his socks off until he was ready for bed! The towels in the bathroom absolutely reeked of smoke and this was a non-smoking room! We decided to wait until we got home to shower. The heater & fan in the room was noisy and it was either on high or low as the auto didin't work. Breakfast was continental like toast & muffins - nothing spectacular but it is included as well as free wi-fi and they allow pets. The pictures DO NOT depict the decor of this hotel AT ALL. The lighting in the rooms were terrible with yellow shades for the lamps (maybe they used to be white?) with the reflection off the pale yellow walls - I couldn't put my make-up on other than in the bathroom. Pillows were old and 'crunchy'. Gross all around really and thats why I wanted to do this review. The pictures on the website are from the property management and are NOT a true reflection of what this hotel looks likes. I will not stay here again but I do love other LaQuinta hotels. This hotel will give LaQuinta a bad name.

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room from what I saw
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Best La Quinta we have stayed at. Very safe neighborhood, big rooms and nice staff. Definitely will stay again when traveling to Florida. Great to find a pet friendly hotel with such great rooms. The only downside was the heating system was noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple