“Pet Friendly hotel”

Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
HILTON
“Pet Friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We usually stop at this hotel 2 times a year on our way to Florida b/c we have a small dog. The accomodations are always clean, staff is friendly and helpful and price is ok. On this trip they wouldn't honor a coupon found in a travel book as "all these rooms are taken" which is why I'm giving 4 stars. The coupons are only good on walk-ins so you can't make advance reservations. Our king size room was very spacious and included a table with 2 chairs which made it easy to eat our take-out dinner. I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. In a lot of pet friendly hotels, you have to take a smoking room which is not the case at this La Quinta. Morning breakfast was typical for the motel breakfasts; waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, toast, juice, coffee, etc. It is very close to I-77. We paid $85/night (including taxes) which is always a killer since we don't arrive until 7 and are out by 7am. A little steep for 12 hrs. But I prefer a hotel I know will be clean and comfortable and pay the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Crazydaisy90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

If you're traveling on I-77, this is a great place to stop for the night, especially if you have pets. We booked a deluxe king suite and were delighted to find it was a real suite - two spacious rooms separated by french doors and a large bathroom accessable from the living room. The living room had a sleep sofa, large desk, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker so it would be comfortable for an extended stay. La Quinta is the most pet friendly hotel chain I've found - no charge for our two cats. The only negatives was the very obvious stains on the sofa and the somewhat worn carpeting. This room should be on the hotel's short list for a sprucing up soon. An adeqauate, expanded continental breakfast was served in a well decorated breakfast room and there was a small fitness center. Wi-fi was free and worked well. Not much in the way of restaurants within walking distance but the South Park Mall and Phillips Place are only about ten minutes away and have a variety of moderate to high end chain and local restaurants available. When we make the drive north in the spring, this will be on our short list should we decide to stop over in Charlotte again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Christine S
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We spent two nights at the hotel to visit friends and attend a birthday pearty. Since Charlotte's street patterns are a complicated maze to us, it was a treat to find the hotel at such a convenient location. Everywhere we wanted to go seemed to eminate from S Tryon Street. When we arrived we were welcomed with broad smiles.Our room overlooking the pool and garden was spacious, clean and quiet. The desk clerks went out of their way to find shop locations and directions for my wife. Nothing was lacking--we even got to see the food channel which we don't get at home. The only strange feeling I had was that most of the guests were not Southerners--no eye contact until I said hello, and when I did that I got mumbles in return. Nevertheless, we had a good stay and I'd like to emphasize that this particular La Quinta is the epitome of what a good, friendly, quiet and clean hostelry should be. Bravo to all the staff!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Edcord
Ormond Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

While traveling a connecting flight was missed. A hotel had to be found and while at the hotel trying to reach a hotelwith a shuttle, I finally located this La Quinta. I asked for a shuttle and the driver appeared as promised with in 10 minutes. A nice, friendly man, he explained where we were, what was nearby, dining options, sightseeing and more. It was a pleasant ride to the hotel.Upon check in, a hot shower was taken and then back to the lobby for some dining choices. Never been in the area before, it was hard to choose. The shuttle driver informed me he could take me downtown (no formal charge) and drop me off andf then return. I decided to take him up on this. He explained many things to me along the way and I decided on a restaurant. I had a delicious meal and called about 10 minutes prior to being ready to leave, He promptly returned as promised, returned me to the Hotel and I informed the management what a gem this employee is. The front deak staff was also extremely helpful, pleasant and understanding. Even one there seemed the same way. The breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh and provided me with what I needed to get moving with my day. The rooms were clena, large, comfy, and the beds, so comfortable! What an awesome night sleep. There was no corridor noise either even though I was close to the elevator. The bath room was large, well lit and had hot water. The entire room was fresh and clean. There was a large flat screen TV, I had a view of the pool area, and I felt Safe staying at this location, which is another important fact to me. having chosen this property with no details, I was definately pleased. AND the price was extremely reasonable. I have stayed at much pricier locations to not have this much or a clean room. I highly recommend this property! Again KUDOS TO THE ENTIRE STAFF!!! Thanks for a great stay and being so assisting!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank foodchiky
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

It was based on Trip Advisor tips I'd chosen this hotel for one night in Charlotte. It offered the basic a hotel this category could but my bathtube was somewhat dirty with a few short black hair. I've chosen not to say anything since it was only for one night. The staff responded well when requested. Overall I'd look for something else in Charlotte for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Great value with free continental breakfast, good location across from Embassy Suites, easy access to I-77 and 5 miles from I-85. Clean room, no smells. I'll Be Back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelwhenigotta
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed one night only good part was decent bed. Noise kept us up all night, drug dealer approached us in parking lot, refrigerator was filthy with previous guest food, would not walk on that carpet with bare feet, absolutely filthy. Left note for manager Vera but no response. Last La Quinta for me cancelling my Rewards card as a 26 year La Quinta customer. Go to Hampton Inn much cleaner and nice staff.

Room Tip: Do not even stop here!